AMC: Actress to Y&R

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She doesn't have to admit it. Every time stunt casting starts up again, the soap press and and a lot of fans get giddy and swear it will be great. Then when it fails, it's somehow the actor's fault, not MAB's, and the stunt casting goes on.

Debbi is in for a lot of hate, before she says a word or appears onscreen, thanks to Maria. I'm just glad that she has a storied and vibrant enough career that ultimately this Y&R stint will be pretty much meaningless.

• Members

I agree. It is kind of a *these are the breaks*-type situation. As another poster said, she is better than what daytime has to offer her, yet as long as daytime exists, it is a place where she will always have a home.

And yeah, I don't think Debbi would EVER accept the role of Dru. Out of respect for VR and out of common sense. If they ever recast Dru, the only person I could see taking the part was a much younger actress with no grasp/context of what she was getting into or one of VR's contemporaries who didn't know or care for her and just wanted the gig. None of her industry girlfriends would go here.

With AMC gone, I planned on switching over to YR anyway, if only for background. But having Debbi there will sweeten the pot as I enjoy seeing her face in general. As for story, I have zero expectations. It's better that way.

• Members

Debbi and Peter as Angie and Cliff were such a great couple on AMC. I adored them together. Y&R should pair them up and see how it turns out. Hell, I'm glad that Debbi found herself some work even if Y&R screws it up. Hollywood is not kind to African American actresses in her age range. It is either the soaps or Tyler Perry, hopefully he will come knocking as well.

• Members

Why do i feel another big FAIL coming?! MAB can't write to save her life, but she's even worse with the AA's! DM is an amazing actress and deserves front burner treatment. NOT 2-3 weeks Winter's treatment. :rolleyes:

And hell 2 the nah to the Dru recast. No way....DM is great...but no. :blink:

How does this show afford all these newbies? :unsure:

Archived