AMC: Actress to Y&R

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This cast needs some serious trimming. They need to go ahead and dump Genie Francis already. And I hope this isn't as a Drucilla recast. They need to just bring Victoria Rowell back. I will say, they are building a good cast of black characters and just need to use them more. I need Olivia in a major story, I need Dru, I need Lily with Daniel and Devon in a story. I also love Sofa, but they still need to get rid of Malcolm.

• Members

I don't think it's Morgan's choice what role she plays. I doubt Maura would have chosen to play a character realistically supposed to be in her mid-50's. And if you think Morgan's got more clout than West, I seriously doubt that any actor does in today's economy.

I suppose there's a chance she's Sophia's mother---but given Y&R's propensity to recast, I'd lay even money she's Dru. There's a lot more story in being Lily's mother than Sophia's or Tucker's secret son's.

• Members

There isn't much story in being Lily's mother, because that would just mean wringing her hands (or, knowing MAB and Sheffer, having an affair with Cane).

They can make her the new Amy, and pair her with Paul. We'd only see them once a month, but it's still one of those daring, shocking, progressive (for 1973) stories MAB loves.

• Members

From what I've read, Peter Bergman had no problem with the Cliff-Angie romance. He said he loved working with Debbi and was very disappointed that it was dropped. Debbi has said that when they were first approached about the pairing, there was a little apprehension on both parts because each was so identified as part of another supercouple and they were concerned the audience wouldn't buy it. But they made a commitment to try and make it work, and she has said too that she really enjoyed working with Peter. For whatever reason, it was killed. I happened to think they were magnificent together.

Archived