Days: Victor & Sonny Spoiler

• Members

Actually, you're almost there.

Justin and Isabella are first cousins. Brady/Justin and Isabella/Sonny are first cousins once removed and Sonny and Brady are second cousins. The common ancestor is their great grandparents, Victor's parents.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It doesn't seem that early to me. They've all been setting up Sonny wanting to see his grandfather, it makes sense for his first time actually visiting with him to come out to him if Sonny is comfortable in who he is. I don't need a week of Sonny hanging out with Victor, staring at guys' chests and having Victor say "I know what's going on here!"

I actually think it'd be hilarious if Victor cracked up and said, "You're gay? That's great! You'll be the first Kiriakis that Chloe won't be able to get her hooks into!"

• Members

First, that's still disgusting. Incest is incest is incest is incest. I can't believe people can evem hint at being alright with something so nasty. Of course, I was a fan of Jonathan/Tammy on GL, but the incest was part of the story. My issue, to be clear, is if you believe this is okay to do in real life. Please say no.

Second, Brady and Sonny are second cousins. When two first cousins both have children, those children become second cousins. Brady is Justin's first cousin once removed, the same with Sonny/Isabella.

• Members

I'm bored with this storyline already and it hasn't even really gotten started. And I'm sorry, but if Victor is all cool about it then I will definitely be losing interest. There's no drama in that, and that's part of the reason I was tuning in.

• Members

Wait wait wait. Are we seriously up in arms because the gay storyline that has barely begun and features a legacy character -- who is already comfortable with his sexuality, out to his parents, and about to come out to his grandfather -- is not going to be about that character in an incestuous relationship with his second cousin?!

FYI, I would bet the coming-out drama is going to be Will's, not Sonny's. From everything we've seen, this isn't about Sonny coming out.

• Members

I think the same. It is obvious right now that Sonny is comfortable with himself and that he is just wondering what Victor will think. The main plot I think, however, will be about Will coming to terms with his sexuality while getting to know Sonny who is out and proud.

• Members

A little icky? Sorry, but I just don't see how people can be so non-chalant about INCEST in the real world.

As for DAYS, being that it is their first story with gay characters, having it involve cousins would be an instant fail. If this were some HBO show then yes, but DAYS needs to take this story seriously and not play it for shock value.

Archived