Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ranger1rg

Nelson Branco "Leaves" TV Guide Canada

I can't think of much to say other than good luck to him. A lot of people who have made their living off the soaps will be following him out that door and some of them much nicer people than him.

:lol: LOVE IT! About time he imploded! And what's delicious is it's all his own doing- I hope Kristian Alfonso and Melody Thomas Scott are sharing a bottle of champagne reading of his demise.

My FAVORITE PART OF THE INTERVIEW:

MICHAEL FAIRMAN: Next, your followers saw that the Suds Report Twitter account had been deleted. Many fans reached out to me and many others trying to find you and wanting to know what happened. Was this your decision to delete it, or again, TV Guide Canada enforcing this upon you?

NELSON: That was my decision. In fact, TVGuide.ca wasn’t happy to learn I shut down my Twitter account because they liked to piggyback on my followers. I had four times as many followers than all the TVGC editors combined so they weren’t happy I could no longer link their stories to my readers. But If I knew it would cause this much of a brouhaha, I would have kept it. It’s a personal twitter account and is not related in any way to TVGuide.ca in any way, which is why they don’t put me in their twitter feed on their main site. I just nicknamed myself “@sudsreport” to help promote the column. I took down my twitter account three Saturdays ago at midnight of my own volition — and I can assure you, my editors were probably partying or sleeping and not paying attention to the Twit drama. It was becoming a huge time waster for me as I was becoming addicted to the forum — and doing my best writing on there instead of in my work. But the deciding factor was when several imposters started following me and claiming they were me and calling me an HIV-faggot. I thought I’d just end the madness, which I take full responsibility for. And I’ve apologized to everyone involved. The one thing that incenses me is that you have these anonymous haters who attack you; at least, when I voice my opinions, I use my real name and have to face the people I’m critical of vis-à-vis. It’s the height of cowardice to be critical of someone anonymously. Say what you want but we can’t have an honest dialogue if there is a veil of anonymity and you don’t know who exactly you are talking to. Unfortunately, that’s one part of social media that is frustrating and counterproductive.

Oh PUH-LEEZ! He was on here and DR ALL THE FRIGGIN time posting right along with us as "hunterforrester" so who is he to talk? He would post the link to his "column" and sit and lurk to see what our reactions were. When there was too much heat in the kitchen, he got the hell out and stopped posting with us. That's sh!tty about the HIV-Fag comments, but posting crap about Alfonso and MTS with no actual source to back it up is pretty lame too IMO. Whether or not he used his real name doesn't matter- what he posted was CLEARLY speculation and rumor. If we post stuff like that, even anonymously, you better believe there will be consequences.

Makes me kind of sad that I was one of the first people to post one of his columns- His SUDS REPORT where he interviewed Peter Bergman and Bergman called Victoria Rowell "crazy and delusional" among other things. That's also one of the threads that started the "Closing of Threads Where A Discussion Gets Heated and Real" trend on SON! :lol:

What will the soap opera world do without all his "X is so well hung" comments?

*EYEROLL* The creep should have been fired back in '09 for accusing Michael Park of being behind Austin Peck's "non-firing".

What will the soap opera world do without all his "X is so well hung" comments?

*EYEROLL* The creep should have been fired back in '09 for accusing Michael Park of being behind Austin Peck's "non-firing".

LOL :lol::lol:

The one thing that incenses me is that you have these anonymous haters who attack you; at least, when I voice my opinions, I use my real name and have to face the people I’m critical of vis-à-vis. It’s the height of cowardice to be critical of someone anonymously. Say what you want but we can’t have an honest dialogue if there is a veil of anonymity and you don’t know who exactly you are talking to.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

IT.

DOES.

NOT.

MATTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

My name is Hildegard Swenson. There. You know my name. NOW will you take seriously the legitimate criticisms I've had about your POS column?

:lol: I aint gonna read the bull, his arse got FIRED. Someone called this last week I think, in the Nellie vs Alfonso thread? I think it was Marceline, right after TV Guide sent out that statement :lol:

:lol: I aint gonna read the bull, his arse got FIRED. Someone called this last week I think, in the Nellie vs Alfonso thread? I think it was Marceline, right after TV Guide sent out that statement :lol:

IT SURE AS HELL WAS!!

And I would happily take on Nelson face-to-face. Does he want my name? Because I would gladly give to him along with my address. If he really wanted to have a conversation about soaps or the genre or the nasty [[email protected]#$%^&*] he pulled with AMC, I would be more than happy to hop in my car and drive to Toronto. I live in Cleveland. Toronto is just a walk up the block for me. I've got my passport. Name the date.

And how ridiculous is it for Nelson to claim he wants an "honest conversation" when he has spent YEARS dropping blind items and rumors about everything from drug use to boner size?!

This is what I meant when I said "burn it all down." Nelson and his brand of "journalism" is one of the reasons the genre is dead in this country. "Only when the last one of them have lain down and died will the dead weight of them be off our backs."