B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wooooohooo! This website is a dream come true.

The crystal picture quality and most fo all the complete episode by episode nostalgia...

Speaking of which: I'm currently watching #364 and am heavily surprised by the blink and you missed it location shoots. They had Brooke driving up to the Bell family mansion ah Forrester Mansion (which is a clip that was on YT before and used in flashbacks later on...), Brooke and Eric talking in the yard, Beth and Eric meeting in Marina Delray (?) and now Stephen and Storm had a talk outside the Logan house in the Valley which I had never heard of. I assume that the show started to REALLY take off internationally back then and that's why they amped the LA factor? 'cause these remotes were so short and pointless for the most part that you could have easily filmed them in the studio. And while the camera work was good, the sound quality was rather meh. 

• Members

I wish videoland would upload more than one episode a day.  I'm only still up to episode 195, so I don't mind Amy Silence being behind, but it seems crazy that they can't drop them in bigger batches for people who are actually watching along with videoland. I wonder why they've released them only in the Netherlands. Now that the episodes are ready, why can't they license them to Netflix or Amazon Prime?  They must have already addressed music rights, because there are some scenes where you hear cheesy music and you can only see the characters lips moving and it's obviously been dubbed over.

• Members

Problem is that Videoland is RTL Groups local streaming service and not one of the big US ones... there also might be local laws that make it easier to release such content in the Netherlands than in other countries. Still, it’s amazing that such high quality source material is sitting in the world and the Dutch are the only ones who get access to it.

speaking of trivial observations: interestingly enough the writers strike material which lasted for quite a long time in 1988 had IMO absolutely zero impact on the storytelling. While I’m pretty sure that the outlines of Bill Bell were already in place in spring 1988 it was surprising how crisp the scripts were. One has to Inder who wrote these... On the other hand: as soon as the writing staff returned to the credits the first 10 episodes were REALLY bad. There were looong flashbacks and the writing was terrible. Basically everyone gabbed about Thorne and Caroline’s cancelled trip to Europe for the entire time. Apart from that and the sudden exit of Beth and Stephen I don’t think that much was altered due to the strike. Maybe your impressions while viewing will be different, though?

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

@sheilaforever it seems i do not even remember the outside scenes like the ones with Eric and Beth. The Logan''s leaving to Europe without saing goodbye was kind of strange for me. The Thorne shooting Ridge story for me was one of the few in the B&B that very well written from the beginig till the end. Starting the prank - ending with Davany Dixon's wanting to drug Thorne again making him shoot Ridge. It is good the writter's strike did not last very long or otherwise i can not image what whould they have given us instead of this good story for the shooting. 

• 3 weeks later...