Stories that aren't as bad as they're made out to be

• Members

We've had "underrated stories" threads, but this isn't so much about underrated, as it's about stories you often hear painted as the worst ever and you personally were not that bothered by.

What were they, and why?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Stan/Sami on Days. Probably one of the better highlights from JER's second tenure in my opinion.

-Reva's clone on GL. Yes there are about a hundred more believable and more interesting ways to give Zimmer a dual role, but it was consistently entertaining in my opinion.

-The spa of doom on ATWT. Yeah the rest of 2002 was bad on ATWT, but I thought the story was pretty entertaining in the same vain as above. Plus James and Barbara were so wicked as the couple from hell.

-Cameron Kirsten murder on Y&R. At least the first half of the story anyways.

• Members

AMC

Zoe/Zarf-I thoroughly enjoyed that S/L and watching Jeffrey Carlson in action as Zarf. I think that story is hated and cringed upon by a lot of others but I loved it!

Anything Fusion related. I've said my peace about that before, I will forever defend that company LOL! I love it!

DAYS

SSK/Melaswen-I loved almost every minute of it and was glued to my TV screen with each episode. I couldn't wait to watch DAYS.

Santo/Colleen-I thought it was beautifully executed & acted!

Ha! I kinda loved this as well

• Members

OLTL Eterna - I can see why it's seen as a step (or a few dozen steps) too far, but it's generally well-paced and full of strong performances, as well as story ideas which enhanced Viki's character without robbing her of any integrity or history, as happened, brutally, in most of the later retcons for the character. I think the only real mistake was in the casting for Roger Gordon. I would have cast the guy who played Leo Cromwell.

• Members

GH: The Laurelton Mystery. The critics HATED, HATED, HATED it, but it was a huge hit with viewers. I thought it was generally very suspenseful, though I was 17 at the time.

GL: The Dreaming Death & Johnny Bauer's Cancer Story: The Dreaming Death story was generally seen as stupid, but I found it suspenseful. Again, I was like 17. A lot of people found the Johnny Bauer Cancer Story too pat and the cure a convenient cop-out, but I thought it was sensitively written, and was essentially the story of the relationship between Johnny, Rick and Roxie.

• Members

I thought the clone story was OK, and got better when Kim started playing the clone. She imbued the character with a lot of characteristics she didn't give Reva, and I felt like she made the clone a real person.

I didn't mind the Amish story either.

The one Reva story that was so highly praised (Jonathan's arrival) is the one that helped me take a 5-year sabbatical.

• Members

How did you feel about Roxie going crazy?

Pam Long said she was upset that the end of the story (dealing with Johnny's faith) was ruined by the strike.

I enjoyed that, aside from bitter Laura. I loved Eileen's turn as Mrs. Claus.

Archived