E! Soap Opera Reality Show

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But why would being a soap fan make them interesting? I am a soap fan and they put me to sleep, along with the Gerings. I would sooner watch a show about Brandon and Nadia, two nice people who struggle with the problems of being good looking, and how modeling and whatnot is such a burden. JPL can be the wacky friend. At least there is a hook with these other people. Kelly Monaco and Kirsten Storms are just dull and have nothing interesting to say. In the few episodes the show has been on the air, Brandon Beemer has managed to hire a plane and take everyone off for a golf vacation, go at it with Nadia B's mother a little, make friends with JPL and fly to NYC to be a shirtless model. In the same span of time Kelly Monaco has managed to mope around in multiple cities and do come commiserating mopery for Kirsten Storms.

• Members

I should have been clearer. Fans of theirs which is a small subset of soap fans. I cant imagine anyone other than a diehard KS or KeMo fan enjoying either of their stories as you said they are dull. And I consider myself a Kelly fan but I cant watch her on this its just zzzz

• Members

I consider myself a Kelly fan as well but she's so darn dull on Dirty Soap. Even her crude attempts at being funny just comes off as..well crude. I feel really bad that KS is sick but that doesn't make her any more interesting.

This reality would've been so much better if they cast some real soap divas. I would've loved to see the lives some of the older and experienced ladies in soaps and I bet they would be a heck of a lot more entertaining to watch.

• Members

I am not one way or another with Kelly, but i absolutely love her on Dirty Soap.

And i am a huge KS fanboy, always have been and will be, but i also find her life interesting. Much more so than anyone else actually. She has so much going on. Not speaking to most of her family, the FF issues, helping Kelly move on, plus work, im sure some dating if they would show it, and now this health issue. Give me those two over anyone else on the show anyday, tho i do LOVE watching NB/BB as well.

• Members

I think they were looking for younger actresses with some level of what they thought was mainstream recognition to target their younger audience. E goes after women in the 18-49 age group and really 18-34. I do think a Michelle Stafford, Victoria Rowell who does have mainstream recognition to an extent, and some real soap divas would have been far more interesting. Aside from FF everyone is just too nice for a reality show of this type. I still think a backstage reality show for soaps would have been more fun but then Y&R is probably the only show left that really has that type of dysfunction. I think the show kind of mimics so many of the younger soap characters today. They are all kind of vanilla and bland.

• Members

When is this thread going to be renamed Dirty Soap instead of generic E! show?

FF is so fake. I loved Tiffani calling her out

They were cracking jokes about Galen's kid but looking at that blonde boy, I wonder if he really is his. I hate to say it but she's not a natural blonde and he's latino so I wonder. There's something about Jenna that doesnt sit right with me....

I love Kelly and Kirsten's friendship

Archived