Y&R: Actress OUT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh GMAFB, you've GOT to be kidding me! F.UCK YOU Y&R! This is unforgivable- Diane has a 25 year history with the show and is one of my favorite characters of all-time. There is ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN REASON to kill her off! God, this show pisses me off more and more every day!!!!

Y&R DOES SUCK DONKEY BALLS and I'll be posting that as a subtitle in every Y&R thread I create, including the July Discussion thread. It doesn't break any rules and if ANY show deserves that sh!t, it's Y&R!

I seriously want to organize a group to turn Y&R off on August and tune into DAYS for the John/Marlena return and all the other goodies we're being promised. I hope DAYS gets a nice boost from AMC going off the air and, at the very least, starts beating Y&R in Women 18-49. With J&M's return and what sounds like a spectacular fall, I think they can do it!

I hope so, but I highly doubt it. The only characters that this regime bring back from the dead are useless duds like Cain, P3, and P4. Long-term fan favorites like Brad & Diane or legacy characters like Colleen die and stay dead.

What. A. Pile. Of. Dogshit. This. Show. Is.

• Members

I've heard some fans hoping she would die so that Jack could raise Kyle, but a) Jack is a terrible father and b ) no way would Y&R of today ever allow Jack to raise a child. He will either be shipped off or he will go live with Victor, since we know how superior Victor is as a father.

Has any death on Y&R under this regime had any meaning whatsoever?

• Members

Seriously, re-reading my post, I realized that once this happens, Y&R will actually have killed off 2 of my 3 all-time faves- Brad Carlton and now, Diane Jenkins! Jill is the only one left and they treat Walton like sh!t (Ashley was a fave in the beginning too- when Epperson played her. I like ED's Ashley, but it's not the same) God, I hate this regime SO freaking much it's unbelievable!

• Members

I seriously doubt they're going to kill Diane...what would be the point? Y&R doesn't want Jack raising a child, other than Phyllis' precious SsssuuupppperrGiiirrrrllll!!!!

I bet in six months, Susan Walters is miraculously "available" for work.

• Members

I don't doubt it for a second- it's par for the course with this regime. When they're done with a character, they kill them off and say they get better story out of the departure that way. Because they're so arrogant that they only think of themselves and never once consider the future of the show and other regimes that could possibly come after them, who would want to use characters like Brad and Colleen and Diane.

• Members

And yet toxic waste like Daisy, played by one of the worst actresses ever on television, continues to be praised and given storyline, even though this character would be perfect for a murder mystery.

Since "Diane" and "Daisy" both start with D, someone should try to get MAB to switch them. "Ri Ri" is too busy doing media tours to notice anyway.

• Members

LOL. This is unreal. So if the PTB believed MW was miscast as Diane, why on earth do they think anyone would care if the character was killed off? This would be a huge mistake. Enough with the deaths, undead, doppelgangers, etc. As far as juniorz1 ploy to get people to watch DAYS, really? A show that falls off the rails every six to 18 months and then a "NEW PLAN To SAVE DAYS" issue on Soap Digest appears - with a promise to return to 'classic storytelling', blah, blah, blah.

Archived