What are your thoughts on the current state of the soap press?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't know we had one.

Seriously, I can't get through the current Weekly most of the time and it barely seems to be about soaps. SOD is OK I guess, but I think the days when the magazine could have made a difference have long passed.

I don't read SID very often.

The websites/blogs for soaps are often too involved in ego trips and in sycophantic behavior.

• Members

The magazines are always horrible. They don't really report news as much as press releases. The sites too.

Daytime Confidential is such a fan site with their Beck Herbst nonsense and clearly the editor loves GH since if someone sneezes on that set they have a huge item about it. We Love Soaps I actually liked when they had video interviews but since their reformatting I can't find anything so stopped going. Michael Fairman seems to have an in with a lot of the actors, but he never asks a question without fawning and deference.

SOD and SOW and SID are worthless shills for the shows.

• Members

This is my favorite site for news and info and spoilers. SID is awful, at least the other two mags have talked about AMC and OLTL since the cancelation, but ABC Soaps in Depth has only put GH on their cover, it is pathetic, guess it is out of sight, out of mind for them

Archived