ABC Fall 2011 Schedule

• Members

Interesting. That Thursday 8pm slot has been death on ABC, and i didnt really picture Charlies Angels in an 8pm slot. As for sunday, again a new show at 8 just seems odd and putting two new shows around a failing one doesnt seem like it would work, but they are similar in tone. I would have put Pan Am on after Greys and Charles Angels in after two comedys in the 9pm hour. Private Practice can afford to move, perahps to the 8pm slot that doesnt do well with any new shows. Since this is likely it Des Housewives shoulda moved to 10 or 8 and give OUaT its 9pm hour.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to their preview, Charlie's Angels airs Thursday at 8...

And it looks crappy as hell. Still like the premise of the series but those ladies are a dud.

I really liked the promo for ONCE UPON A TIME - it looks like an HBO miniseries; I'm kind of worried whether it will work as a series.

• Members

I can sorta agree with that. IMO, Charlie's Angels isn't fluff, it's very much a detective series. I think in his quest to praise ABC for thinking outside the box, he kinda insulted what nuCA is trying to do (also, what oldCA tried to do). I hate to think that any crime/mystery series that isn't terribly serious and gory is dismissed as fluff.

I do give them good marks for variety, though. I don't know if I'll like Pan Am, but I appreciate that it's a different type of show, or at least it's a type that hasn't been too overdone yet.

• Members

I'll definitely check out everything except The River, it looks terrible.

Once upon a time looks like a creepy-horror Disney show, but I'll give it a shot. I can't wait for midseason and Good Christian Belles, WHY ABC, WHY???!

"Revenge" looks soapy, I like it.

• Members

I agree.. this show looks interesting to me as well. However, I'm concerned with putting the show in the Wednesday 10/9 time slot... I looked up past schedules and for the last ten years, most shows put in this time slot are lucky to last the season. It's basically a graveyard time slot so I hope they either give the show time to grow, or do some switching around since CSI is moving to that time slot on CBS.

Since Castle has a pretty strong following... I would move that show into this time slot since it has the best chance of working in this graveyard slot... look at what happened with Grey's Anatomy when it moved to Thursday's... it was pretty evenly matched with CSI. That's what ABC needs to do...

• Members

I was impressed as well by te variety of show they give a shot at.

And I really wanted to like PanAm cause it sounded like a good idea but the preview was already extremely broing and they really don't seem to have any concept for the show!?

Will THE RIVER now, that you all praise it.

Side remark: after not checking out ANY new show for 2 seasons I might add some new shows to my roaster because for once there seems to be sth. interesting hitting the screens...

• Members

To me, the general concept of Pan Am is "Look, it's Mad Men...WITH PILOTS!" When you consider that pilots are generally portrayed on TV as smug and sexy, it seems like a perfect fit. I'll give it a shot, but my hopes aren't too high.

The River looks like it wants to be the next incarnation of Lost. The tropical setting, the heat, probably lots of sweating, I'm like 99.5% sure some sci-fi elements are gonna creep in by season's end.

• Members

I read both pilots for Good Christian Bitches and Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, and they're both hilarious.

Happy Endings sucks IMO, it's not funny at all. Neither was Better With You, but I don't know which is worse.

Cougartown is hilarious, but that title really turns viewers off - though I don't disagree with the decision not to change it. Word of mouth just needs to increase.

The pilots for Charlie's Angels and Rivers were unimpressive IMO. Pan AM was meh. Honestly, I think ABC is going to have a rough year. They don't have one really strong night of television IMO.

• Members

I am very disappointed with ABC getting rid of No Ordinary Family.

Ratings for the last 2 espisodes were on an upswing. Also Happy Endings has ZERO potential. Recent ratings say 1.5 and 1.3 in the demos. Not good.

• 1 month later...

Archived