TV Guide Watch: Handicapping Best Soap Noms

dragonflies

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SO glad that Y&R chose that episode, since it virtually guarantees they won't be in the race. I wish ATWT would have chosen the Henry/Vienna wedding ep- I was on the edge of my seat the whole time waiting for Barbara to show up to the chapel. That was their Emmy reel- PURE SOAP!

Good for DAYS for choosing a very soapy ep. I hope they get in.

I realllllly hope ATWT is able to best GH or AMC for the 4th slot, if they indeed nominate 4 shows, but who knows?

Based on the reels:

Who I WANT nommed: AMC, ATWT, B&B, DAYS

Who WILL be nommed: AMC, ATWT, B&B, GH

• Members

:lol: Why are they lying? There is no way OLTL could be that stupid?! In all seriousness, didn't they do this before submitting a crappy musical episode during a successful year? That's truly shocking as is Y&R's choice. It was just such a dull episode and truly nothing happened. I don't understand the logic behind choosing that. They could've submitted probably 15-20 different episodes with how fast their stories move now (how ironic lol). I thought maybe they'd go for The Women-esque episode.

Didn't last year have 3 nominee's? I'd go with B&B, ATWT, GH

• Members

TFP, dragonflies!!

I think AMC, B&B, & DAYS have got it locked for nominations. Great choice by AMC, that was one of the best episodes last year. I hope the part where Kendall ripped into David in the courtoom is part of that reel because it was the best part of the episode. I personally would've chosen the episode before that one where Kendall found out Zach died (and David entered the courtoom at the way end), but hey that's just me.

DAYS picked a great episode as well. And B&B's was soo good, I'm glad I started watching that show last year.

If it's four noms, I think GH will definitely be nominated to. I loved that Franco episode.

Didn't watch ATWT at all so can't judge.

LOL @ OLTL's choice.

• Members

Yes, they submitted the High School Musical episode a few years ago. Big problem is people don't get the process and will go on and on about how OLTL should of won because of this story or that story but they don't submit those stories they choose to submit a junk episode.

Archived