Corday needs to hire RC and FV ASAP!!

• Members

THis would be a dream come true for me. They are doing a great job at OLTL , in fact They are beating Days in Demos and HH's. I think they would be an awesome fit for Days. They could give Days a much needed pump up. TO me it's either RC and FV, or Brash and Cwickly. What do you guys think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ehhh, to be honest i dont see much of a change from what we have. RC would come in and kick ass for a few months then it would be dwindle down to exactly what it is now. I actually find OLTL and Days to be interchangeable right now.

Days needa a change, and FV is a master at budget. But id prefer a diff HW than RC

• Members

I love what RC is doing to OLTL he has me hooked as a new viewer. I dont see how Days and OLTL are interchangalbe at all. Days needs a writer who will pump up the action and I think RC and FV are the men to do it.

Besides Sherri Anderson Jack who do u thik would make a good writing fit for Days at the moment? Mister Carl you 2

• Members

Sheri Anderson would be a dream come true... in partnership with Lorraine Broderick, maybe? There is another writer who wrote transition between James Reilly and Hogan Sheffer, Beth somebody? Anyhoo, I really liked her ease with writing the characters.

However, honestly, I think Days will be the next show to be cancelled. It has lost three young stars (including JKJ who, IMO, is a BIG loss) and is sinking fast in all the demos. IMO, NBC want to wrap that ish up quickly and Dena will be here to the end. It's a shame because the Days cast is actually extremely talented and totally underappreciated. I personally think that Arianne Zucker, Lauren Koslow, Jay Kenneth Johnson, Peter Reckell, Suzanne Rogers and Molly Burnett (to name but a few) are more talented acting-wise than 99% of the Y&R cast. For real.

• Members

Oh, and while OLTL and Days both do campy, it is very different camp. OLTL feels tongue-in-cheek, it has a NYC feel about it in terms of production design, direction and even the jokes. Days camp is served straight up and there has always been a fairy-tale element to the structure of its stories and characters, which is probably what drew me in as a kid. Even today, with the DiMeras living in that brooding, dark house with secret prisons inside it, and lording it over the rest of the town, that fairy tale element is still there. Consequently, I don't know if Carlivati and Valentini would be the right fit. They might be better off on GH which badly needs a new direction. And while I never took to OLTL the way I did Y&R, B&B, Days and GH, at least Carlivati understands the importance of family and relational ties, of writing about an interlocking community.

• Members

FV and RC should be working on a show like Undressed, that's where they belong. They should focus their efforts on some sort of cable pilot like that or finding work on a similar show where their strengths and tastes are best used. I don't keep up with DOOL but I know what there was certainly a point in its history where this team would have been a great fit for the show, same goes for SuBe and Passions. Not sure if DOOL is trying to move more away from that now. All I know is their [!@#$%^&*] will NOT fly at GH, I don't see that ever happening. Maybe FV will get a chance to direct, RC a chance to join the writing team, but I can't imagine these two ever having positions of power on that show.

Archived