• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes.

While I feel Susan Lucci is a better actress than most people give her credit for, the quest to get her an Emmy sometimes prevented more worthy actresses of obtaining nominations - particularly Kate Collins, IMO.

Kate should’ve been nominated for her work in 1987-1988 (and WON, IMO), as well as nominated for her work in 1991-1992.

• Members

She has definitely had really strong moments and her overall characterization over decades is to be commended (she built a really recognizable coherent compelling character over decades which I think is  a skill of soap actors that is not celebrated as much as "good acting in a specific storyline") BUT she is not a 21-Emmy-nomination-good actress.
Even accounting for her longevity the fact she is the MOST Daytime Emmy nominated actress with almost double the runner-up (Kim Zimmer with 11) is ridiculous and undoubtedly due to the storyline around her not winning.
But she still definitely deserved a chunk of those.

• Members

@Pine Charles I absolutely agree with that. Susan is really great at what she does. She's more than decent with great comedic timing. I'm a fan.  It's just such a shame Kate Collins was never awarded for her work on this show. She carried this show in 1991-92 and was practically responsible for ushering in a new generation of viewers. As for 1987-88,  Kate was the real star imho. She had the character, the storyline, and the BEST romance on the show. Ross and Natalie chemistry burned the screen, it wasn't wise making him rape her.

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

They really did. I was watching some early 1987 episodes a few months ago and, even knowing how their story ends, I was completely captivated by Ross and Natalie. Before their affair actually starts he thinks she's been sleeping with Adam and there's a scene where he grabs her and says, "Why are you going to bed with him? Why are you going to bed with Adam?" and then kisses her and it. is. scorching. Wasting that kind of chemistry on a rape storyline makes no sense.

• Members

High Five to all of this. Scorching is the perfect word to describe their chemistry. I loved the way he just stares at her when she walks into a room. The way she looks at him when he grabs her omg! Supercouple in the making.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DemetriKane