AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I was 12 when I started watching in 2006 but even when I rewatched those episodes years and years later I will say all characters (okay maybe not Ryan) had clear motivations and it made the story enjoyable. Honestly at 12 I totally understood JR and Babe as a couple as no one in my family was normal and they were just as toxic as my family so they worked for me (this is not a compliment lol) 

The last time a soap gave characters clear motivations I felt was DAYS in 2013-14....

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, yes!!

I loved when they had Winifred go upstairs to bring Janet and Hayley the chicken dumplings soup (which the police put tranquilizers in).....

Janet to Winifred:

”Hurry up and put the bowls down or I’ll blow your brains out.”

Please register in order to view this content

I love Kate Collins.

• Members

Thanks for the Larry Keith interview. A great read. His concerns about the 1 hour format are interesting.

At this point it was still live to tape? Once they went to editing it became easier I think.

I remember Wes Kenney talking about coming back to Days as they were struggling with the transition and he saw they were still doing the show like it was 30 min, which was madness in his opinion. He set about making changes to make it easier for everyone.