AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I still love Ruth Warrick, but Beverlee McKinsey's account of her has forever changed my view of the AMC legend lol. I mean, I knew she was eccentric. Susan Lucci said RW used to run around the studio in a mink coat flashing people. She comes across as so composed and together in interviews.

• Members

Lol, okay. I think she’s pretty great, specifically in the very limited amount of her work as Iris I’ve been able to see/hear. But it’s very interesting that you say that, because not long ago I was thinking about how I read that she was the GOAT before I’d ever seen her perform and I wondered how that had influenced my opinions of her work. I was raised on ABC and when I started branching out, Marj was Alex. The first time I saw Beverlee was at the Paley Center in a ‘70s episode of AW. I had read about her voice so I was trying to keep it in my head now that I’d finally heard it (this was before YouTube and me buying dvds from Eddie). My mental touchstone for her voice was June Foray as Witch Hazel.

I think he meant this one @amybrickwallace:

https://www.facebook.com/scottmckinsey/posts/10224622024288179