AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Regarding GH. Im glad JY realized that the recast was hard on Genie & Tony. That JY respected that and the three of them became close during his three years

I mean JY could have had it woirse. He could have been Colton Scott/Stephen Martines. GF did not like him at all & said s on her Emmy Archieve interview in 2006

Does B&B still use JY as Rick?

Im surprised Aiden hasnt brought Aidan Devane to GH to visit Anna

Walt Wiley was a lame Joe Novak. It didnt help that Carrell Meyers was a very green Shioban

He was Joe #4. Joe #1 & #2 were faves. Not sure how #3 was recieved

• Richard Munez (1979-1980)
  • Roscoe Born (1981-1983 & 1988)
  • Michael Hennessy (1983-1984)
  • Walt Willey (1986-1987)
Edited by John

• Members

I was a little surprised after hearing that story about GF, especially considering that she was a recast herself. Wouldn't have expected her to get so upset so easily.

And I loved that JY called out Brian Frons. But the funny part is that in Erika Slezak's interview with Michael Fairman, she said Frons wasn't responsible for the cancellations, but that it was the people above him that were.

• Members

Frons didnt cancel them but he did nothing to promote their success

I get GF atfer 6 years with JJ plus Rebecca Herbst was planning to leave in 2000 & JJ was gonna return for their HEA but RH stayed and JJ didnt want a long term return so Wendy Riche recast

Edited by John

• Members

Why would Genie specifically mention a private anecdote this forum only heard about from Jacob Young yesterday in an interview done years ago? Just because one person tells a backstage story at one point in their life doesn't mean all their colleagues are expected to retell it too - especially not years before they did.

Like JY, he was an inferior recast. (I doubt she could sniff out the serial con artist Stephen Martines became IRL.)

Edited by Vee

• Members

Given whats come out about SM i could see how she may have not responded to his personality

I do wonder if Lucky 2.0 would have been recieved if Will Estes had gotten the role instead of JY

Edited by John