AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's tough to say.  GF herself accused DAYS of using her status to lure viewers, but never giving her a well-defined character; and really, once you break down Diana's history, it makes sense.

On the one hand, you had the heiress/newspaper owner, framing Victor Kiriakis for an art theft in order to retrieve the fortune he had stolen from her, and later being forced to sell her paper in order to keep "Roman" from finding out about her marriage to Cal.  (And didn't Diana leave under a cloud of suspicion?  With dark hair and glasses and the suggestion she might not have been the real Diana after all?)  On the OTHER hand, you had "Roman"'s first real love interest after Marlena, going on adventures with him (like Laura did with Luke), agreeing to marry Victor and turn over her money to spare her mother, who appeared to have been kidnapped but actually was in cahoots with Victor; accidentally shooting "Roman" and only recalling it later through hynopsis (a Laura-like plot twist, if ever there was one) and generally receiving the royal DAYS heroine/supercouple treatment -- freeze frames, musical montages, death threats from and abductions by supervillains, the works.

So, I'd say Diana was a cross between Laura and Ceara.  She didn't connive for a taste of The Good Life like Ceara (true, Diana romanced Victor when she first arrived in Salem, but THAT was in order to retrieve some computer disk, which was not necessarily the same thing).  However, while Diana could be as hapless as Laura, she never came across as innocent as Laura, who had run off with a Charles Manson-like cult leader, carried on another illicit affair with the man who had been obssessed with her mother, married and divorced someone who was supposed to be her ideal mate, and STILL came off looking like a doe-eyed virgin when she fell in love with and married her rapist.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This photo of AJ and Miranda always makes me sad because I can't help but think of what could have been, but paired with this lovely, classic soap write-up, it makes me sob. Can't you just hear it? "Loooooove in the afternoooooon! On ALL MY CHILDREN. Is AJ doomed to consoling Miranda when other guys break her heart? Or can he make her see him in a different light? Find out what it takes to blur the line. WEEKDAYS."
0a246b887c0ede593b91d0bbe36c961c.jpg

• Members

Vera Vanderbilt was Jesse's friend, a dancer/waitress at Foxy's. She came and went quite a bit from 81-84.  Grace Garland was quite a scene stealer...

Dottie was wasted through her later years on the show.

Gil (with Brooke) was a piece of crap character.

Loved Marion's surprise...Larry got her good!