AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And has done some Broadway. I grew to like him--especially with Dixie but he seemed so miscast after Matt Borlenghi (who was Brian number 2 wasn't he? There was one briefly before?) Matt has strangely been quiet on FB about trying to get back on the show--a couple years back he seemed to post about it every day.

And I do remember the Whole New World thing now, ugh (funny, that wasbefore Disney bought ABC).

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Wow, I mean I was a kid so I don't remember the details... but I remember thinking Hayley got around....

I guess not. She was certainly involved with a lot of men before she finally "did it".

Maybe he was served with a cease and desist order lol.

• Members

I remember this. It's the first time I heard the word "bitch" on All My Children. TV in general had been very gun shy about using the word up until Melrose Place debut their "Mondays Are a Bitch" promos. After that, many TV shows started to incorporate it into their dialog.

• Members

Soap music goes through stages. Rewatching some of Broderick's era (the Michael Delaney gay teacher story) the music, which didn't bug me then, is TOO pervasive and synthy--more so than in these earlier 90s clips--it's a bit like DAYS' awful music now.

OK I love all these early 90s scenes being uploaded, but when when when will we get some of the Destiny on the Danube story :(

• Members

Been sick in bed all day, and watching a bunch of the full Sep 1994 episodes posted back in the Fall. I remember this period well--I had been watching for about three years and it was prob just as I was starting to come off my first real peak with AMC and not loving it as much, though I still loved the characters (I continued watching though--and again got really obsessed during much of the Broderick period even if in hindsight I can see some of the faults Carl and others had with it).

One thing is while I still love most of what I've re-watched of McTavish's 92-early 94 stuff, is by the fall, and still loved the charcters (I was 13 at the time--now I can see more fault in some like Maria who I loved back then), I can see why viewers were starting to fall and Behr was starting to get tired of McTavish. The story construction and pacing is still very strong, but the show (judging by watching 3 episodes in a row) was getting really quite dark (something that McTavish seems to do at the end of her runs--) and unrelentingly heavy--there's very little humour or "happy family scenes" during this period. (And I just watched the episode Carl loves to rant about with Maria's miscarriage flashback ;) ). Still much better than a lot of the AMC we got in its last decade, but...