AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ugh I am SOOO bad at sorting through clips... You guys should just link me :D But I'll look--thanks!

One thing about soap music--in the 70s and 80s they often just used music at the end and start of scenes--though for a while AMC (not sure about the other ones) in the 80s was using movie cues--like the Halloween theme when Erica is helping Jeremy escape prison, and in one of Agnes Nixon's Paley interview videos someone mentions how much she loves that they use the love theme from Superman for some scenes--to which Agnes looks downright confused.

• Members

It really does. And thanks so much PC!! *kiss* I didn't expect any of you to actually bother to find it. I know how I'm gonna spend the next few hours...

(And watching that clip, I would so hate to sit beside that woman. I hate talking on planes... "you don't talk much, do you"--I would just turn up my iPod).

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Just watching more Kendall (SMG) clips......

LOVED the Kendall & Janet relationship! In this clip, they meet for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQgyllAqkU&list=UUdf7aunw8ho5-RD7DdhSPDA&index=17

(LOL @ Janet talking about the news interrupting regular programming)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx05aZOLz0&list=UUdf7aunw8ho5-RD7DdhSPDA&index=16

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I don't know if I've ever actually seen that one...not sure if I have the stomach...

I watched some of early 1995 and it's very frustrating because I still believe McTavish was a good writer (the little story between Julia and the man dying of AIDS - a gay man on daytime dying of AIDS, a young gay man, something that, believe it or not media, did happen after the 80s ended - was more moving than any AIDS story I can remember on a soap outside of Cindy and GH's Stone), but no one should ever do three or four concurrent stories about miscarriage/stillbirth/wanting to have children and not being able to. That's just way too heavy and redundant.