• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks.

Why the hell wouldn't she ask for alimony from a cheater? God, they totally ruined her. ha!

Did Rosa Nevin piss someone off or something?

They also ruined Nico by making him an off-screen cheater.

They should've just said Nico died and Cecily wanted to return to Pine Valley to be with family (Phoebe) and old friends (Tad, Dixie).

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I don't know, Pine Charles. I think there was a place both for Cecily and for Laurel, especially after what the latter became. IMO, if anyone was not essential to ALL MY CHILDREN at that time, it was Janet. I don't care if she was being played by Robin Mattson. Beverlee McKinsey could have played Janet, and I'd still question making Janet from Another Planet a permanent fixture in Pine Valley.

• Members

YES. The idea that Trevor would fall in love with Natalie's evil sister who nearly killed her and then marry her was just ridiculous to me. I love Robin Mattson, and I loved her as Janet, but she should have been a totally new character. Honestly, I never liked Trevor, and I thought it was a damn shame Kate Collins was dropped to keep Trevor and his obnoxious accent on camera. If anything, Trevor and Tim should have left town when Natalie died.

• Members

Yeah, no if Kate was willing to stay, James should have been the one let go since they couldn't get along. It still shocks me to this day the amount of fanmail he got. I never found Trevor all that interesting or appealing as a character. He was quite obnoxious most of the time. I always rooted for Janet against him. Natalie at that point had many more ties to the canvas and Kate is such a wonderful actress. Natalie should have been a permanent fixture.

• Members

Thanks for posting that clip.

Go Phoebe! Loves!

It was dumb of Cecily not to ask for alimony.

I loved her in the '80s clips, though. Sad.

Speaking of Trevor "Fred Flintstone" Dillon - I liked him w/ Nat back in the day, but had no use for him after Kate Collins left. If I had to choose between James Kiberd and Kate Collins, I'd no doubt choose Kate.

That said, IRL Kiberd seems like a nice guy (from the clips I've watched) and apparently Kate and he have buried the hatchet (given she talked nicely of him in her SoapCentral interview).

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I liked Trevor at the time I started watching. He was a hothead but I thought he was likeable and had good chemistry with most people. I also thought Kiberd knew how to tone it down and never just blew up through all his scenes, like Justin Deas did a lot on GL around the same time.

I started watching when he was married to Laurel. I never understood the point of her character.

I think there was a place for Janet, a damaged woman redeeming herself. The relationship with Trevor was very questionable, but again, good writing would have made it work.