AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Erica did a massive remodel of the mansion in early 1992 when Adam forced her into marriage and made her live there with him. She did it in an attempt to drive him crazy and spend his money, but he refused to take the bait and let her do whatever she wanted with the house.

• Members

YES. TK and SL had good chemistry. I *think* that was the original plan because TK was quoted at some point early on the in Vegas storyline as saying something like he guessed he was going to be doing Susan Lucci for a while. IDK why that was dropped in favor of sticking Erica back with Jack AGAIN. I would have loved it if Zach had taken Erica up on her offer to marry him instead of Kendall. TK and SL are both great comedic performers, and that could have been very entertaining to watch.

• Members

I thought Erica's remodel was too feminine to last as Adam's home for as long as it did. Just too pink and mauve a la Linden. I would kinda "Pffft! :P " when he would be on his girly French phone shouting at and threatening folks on the other end. OTOH, I thought his first house looked way too middle class. One thing about that first house, my mom said she called that Adam had a twin based on that Oriental statue.

While I'm sure it was just a budget issue, I guess it's kind of cute to think that Adam didn't alter Erica's redecoration out of his affection for her. She left him with a wife-friendly home.

• Members

Oh what could have been.... Zach and Maria also had a lot of potential, if Eva had have stayed. I thought Thorsten and Eva had amazing chemistry. Thorsten and Alicia had great chemistry too, early on, but I grew to have such disdain for both characters any working chemistry the actors may have shared was snuffed out. For me, anyway.

• Members

Yeah the David/Krystal pairing was horrid. He was borderline abusive with her. The way he kept her drugged up and she was crying through their wedding, was just sad. She really got pathetic there and was better off with Tad. This did David no favors either.

Grandma Boring? Oh poor you. She truly was awful early on and its too bad it took them forever before they realized they needed to recast her with a more interesting performer

Zach should have come on the show for Erica. He and Erica were hot togethr in Vegas with tons of chem and I thought she should have been the foil to him and Maria instead of Kendall. Once he was put with her though, that killed any chance of him with Kendall. I really had no interst in seeing the relationship that those two built destroyed over a man. I dont think Erica should have gotten involved with Kendall's husband

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I was reading an old Marlena column written after Erica lost custody of Bianca. She said she didn't understand why Erica was behaving so immaturely, complete with wearing a gold lame skirt to court, that she thought Erica was supposed to have matured, and she didn't know if the show expected viewers to pity Erica or not. She also wasn't thrilled with Lucci's acting in the court scenes.

How did you feel?

• Members

I remember a lot of complaints in the soap press about the custody trial, that the trial was pretty much written to be glaringly in Travis's favor with the outcome known to anyone paying attention, and in watching some of the old Jack-Erica-Travis scenes on youtube, I think it's clear they were going that direction. IDK if the original plan was to have Travis take custody and live in Pine Valley with Barbara and the kids, and that was later scrapped, or if TPTB just didn't want to deal with Erica being a mother full time.

Didn't Travis admit during Bianca's anorexia that he still loved Erica? Or was that something that Sean brought up - that Travis still loved Erica, and it caused problems in his relationship with Barbara, as did her sleeping around. Given how Sean described life in La Casa Montgomery, I wish they'd stuck around Pine Valley, because that could have been entertaining to watch.

• Members

Speaking of the Montgomerys, when Bianca, Kendall and Zach were having all that drama over Bianca and Zach conceiving a child behind Kendall's back, did Erica mention the circumstances behind Sean's conception? If nothing else, Erica would understand the pain that Kendall must've felt. But that was during Charles Pratt, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn it wasn't discussed.

• Members

I think the custody battle was basically a way to get Bianca out of Pine Valley so Erica wouldn't have to be a full-time mother. I don't agree that the character had matured too much by that point to wear gold lame to court, though. I haven't rewatched those scenes on YouTube lately but at the time I remember thinking the whole point of Jack admitting his affair with Erica on the stand was a cheap way to break them up temporarily.

No, she didn't mention it since Pratt didn't care about the history of the show.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sean & Kevin made one appearance as a couple on the reboot?laugh.png