AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Erica and Brooke as family definitely was a missed opportunity. Although, I have to say, next to Brooke, Maria was definitely Erica's best rival during the 1990's at least. Eva and Susan had excellent chemistry together as sparring partners. Erica was one of the few who actually called Maria out as the sanctimonoius, hypocritical shrew that she truly was.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Edmund discussion reminded me about this candid interview with ELR about the whole mess.

Edmund was originally supposed to die in Feb 2004 as a consequence of the gunshot he sustained on New Year's Eve at the hands of those people Carlos and Juan Pablo were involved with.

Edited by LeClerc

• Members

I blame this mostly on Megan, which may not totally be fair, since I think Frons, ABCD and Disney were just as accountable for taking out their displeasure with an actor on the character, which lead to many OOC moments and just mean spirited storylines.

Edited by EnglishTea

• Members

I'd like to know as well, LeClerc. I know John Callahan was having an affair with Amelia Heinle (ex-Mia), which caused much drama on-set, as well as the end of his and Eva's marriage. But surely, Megan didn't take that personally? (OTOH, maybe she wanted to tap Amelia's ass and was jealous? Who knows, really?)

• Members

I second that! Khan, write your own Bible and have a lawyer sumbit it to the writing team at PP AMC so you can get a shot as a writing intern or something. You know, work your way up.

I'm not sure who the Project Runway guy is, but just from what you've described, I can totally picture this sweet kid of Belle's.

Edited by SFK

• Members

AH I completely forgot about Di--I liked her. Such a waste. I think I blocked out Fight Club Ryan that was just... odd. I guess it was going for something different in soaps, and I appreciated in a way that they tried to give Ryan depth with his abusive father, but it didn't work. (And then his sister was killed off by Megan's last major story the Satin Slayer--no wonder people found the show a mess and too dark in the second half of her 2000s reign). In this clip I will say at least they made the fight club look semi decent budget wise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjqmhQKrxY

And I think, overall, I'd agree with you.

• Members

Yeah frankly his destruction started under Rayfield if not even a bit before (it was under Rayfield he would love Maria up and feed her drugs). McTavish at her worse is way too eager to do execs bidding, but I doubt it was her decision.

That ELR interview is one I'd never read and just--wow. What an awful situation.

Umm I have most initials down but who is TKFP

• Members

LOL. "That Kit Fisher Person"

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of what little I had seen of her.

Edmund's destruction sucked. I really hadn't minded Megan's return up until then and then it really did all go to hell. Such a shame. The show had a lot of things in place at the time and could have really been revitalized.