AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's the first Jamal. The second Jamal played Loretta Devine's son on A Different World. Of course adult Jamal was Marcus Patrick.

The "funny" thing is, how many kids even saw this message? I mean, I guess there were kids like me who watched with their parents/grandparents, but I don't feel like I was the norm.

• Members

I keep forgetting that awful actor played Jamal at the end (Marcus Patrick).

I guess they may have been going for the younger teens who might have been watching. It's an interesting idea, through the drug addiction story, to have Timmy assumed as being right and good, and Jamal assumed as being in the wrong. I didn't think the whole speech part worked too well though.

That was Tom's house, right? Had that been the place he'd lived in with Barbara too?

• Members

I don't really remember that set, I must admit. It was one of AMC's more generic sets, not unlike Trevor and Natalie's house, or even Mona and Dr. Tyler's for that matter.

As a mixed kid myself, I remember thinking that Jamal #1 looked more mixed than Jamal #2 when it was revealed that he was Alec's son (a development when Jamal #2 was already in the role).

Edited by SFK

• Members

Just had a flashback, I do in fact remember the Tom/Livia set if only for one reason: Livia on the sofa mulling over the sheet music for "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" that she was going to sing at Natalie's funeral. I missed the next day's funeral episode, finally seeing it after many years thanks to someone who shared it here at SON only weeks ago.

• Members

That actor playing Jamal reminds me a lot of soul singer Victor Allen.

Was Tad on the show at this time? I am suprised at his absence in a drug storyline. I am also suprised that there was no flashback of Francesca James as Kelly singing the song she wrote called "Colored Lights."