AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So off-topic, but had a few questions for long time watchers regarding a few characters/exits from the 80's.

How did Liza originally leave the show? I know another actress briefly played her after marcy Walker left (the little I saw of this actress, I certainly think she could have made her own mark on the character, imho).. but the last mention of her in the monthly write-ups is from December 1984 where Cliff fired then rehired Liza at the station. Not seeing anything listed afterwards as to when Liza left officially. Plus, reading the monthly reviews from 1984, it appears as if Liza and Tad were in totally different stories and hardly interacted at all.. so curious as to why Liza was hell bent on revenge when she came back on the canvas in 1995.

Also, I was wondering how Dottie was view back in her original run by other viewers.. since my mom had a soft spot for the character. Reading up on the characters adventures from mid 1983 till early 1986, she certainly was thrown in several peoples' orbits. I noticed that she hung around jesse/Angie for several months before Tad was paid to date her... did she still continue interacting with jesse/Angie once the tad/hilary/Dottie storyline took off in 1984? I also was surprised that she worked for Erica in 1985.. and even had a brief romance with bad seed Andrew. Do you think that the character was moved around a lot cause the show had trouble fitting in anywhere.. or was she a character that could fit anywhere?

• Members

Wasn't Liza's exit taking a job out of town? Or am I just mixing that up with later explanations for the character?

To me Dottie sounds like one of those characters who had fans, but the show didn't know how to write for her. But I don't know if that's true. She did get an SOD cover, if that means anything.

• Members

I think they had Liza say that she felt so powerless when on the run with Colby and getting a law degree was a way to regain a sense of power.

Also, although I don't think Pratt ever referenced this, after Colby came back to PV in 2006 Adam warned Liza over the phone that if she ever set foot in PV again (or if she ever tried to contact Colby at all...something to that effect) he would put her in a heap of legal trouble for having kidnapped Colby. So she could have been preparing to fight all that.