AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Speaking of delusional... I went down a rabbit hole and pulled some quotes from a moment in time I think we all want to forget. But reading all of this back is hysterically funny.

Cady on Dixie’s return (2005)

"I am thrilled to be returning to a show where I have such a long and beautiful history. It is an especially excellent cast, and I am looking forward to working with some new and very talented actors, as well as revisiting with some dear old friends," McClain said in a statement. "I hope the audience will enjoy the incredibly thrilling storyline Megan McTavish has created as much as I am going to enjoy playing it...."

Julie Carruthers on Dixie’s death by pancakes (2007)

"You have to understand that it can affect anybody, you know? It's not just the girls in Fusion who you only see once a week. It's people who are pivotal to the environment, as well. I'm trying to say this in a way that doesn't undercut what the Fusion girls have meant to the canvas, particularly those three characters who've been attacked [simone, Erin and Danielle], but a character with as much history as Dixie.... It shows that nothing is sacred and nothing is safe.

Cady on the writer who penned Dixie's death by pancakes (2020)

“I was asking the writer [to include a] scene where Tad and Dixie take their kids aside to make sure they know that their [dad] killing someone was wrong,” she shared. “I thought this would be OK. Turns out it was a bad day for an ‘ask!'”

Edited by Jonathan

• Members
Posted (edited)

So many childhood memories dwell within this photo.

It's funny, though, how Frank Valentini's GH currently employs about six times that many actors.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I took a look in that "Recast who were completely different characters" thread and I saw a few mentions of Jamie Lunar as Liza. I wonder Do people honestly hate her portrayed? Because see that a lot for some reason, I know she came in doing odd things like humping on a poker table, but I just rewatched a lot of her 2010 storylines and I think she kicked ass. 

The casting just worked for me for some reason.  She reminded me of Early Marcy Walker for sure.

No problem sweetie. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

100% this. I had no problem accepting her as Liza just because she was that good/fun to have, but you really just had to let go of any notion that she would be at all similar to Marcy Walker's Liza. Thankfully, JL played really well into what was written, so it was easy to mostly look the other way.

Re: the 1982 cast photo. I can definitely name maybe 90% of the cast, but I do notice that Eileen Herlie, Hugh Franklin, and Kay Campbell aren't present. HF and KC wouldn't be around for much longer after this period, but they were both still regularly appearing at the time, so I wonder where they were. EH, for sure.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

One time I was trying to catch AI chat in soap errors. I posed this question: Susan Lucci's daughter plays what character on what soap? It replied: Liza Colby is played by Jamie Luner. See, it got that it was a Liza, just the wrong Liza! I gave it the correction with context & thanked it. 

• Members

I agree!  For me, it's like I had to pretend that she really was playing a new character who just happened to have the same name as the character that MW once played.

I think what annoyed me more than the changes in Liza, though, was stupid Chuck Pratt telling the press, "Oooh, chile, that AMC cast 'bout to find out, 'cuz Miss Jamie's 'bout to hand them they asses!"  Excuse me, lol??  Now, God knows I have ragged a-plenty on many of AMC's later cast members over the years, but as much as I've loved JL, going all the way back to "Just the Ten of Us," I hardly think she was gonna have Susan Lucci waking up and crying on Helmut's big shoulder in the middle of the night, if you know what I mean.

(By the way, I apologize for making Chuck Pratt sound like Debbie Allen.  My bad.)