AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My son is now 2, now almost 3. In the final months of AMC, he'd watch it with me, and whenever Erica appeared on screen, he'd point and smile and say "Is MAMA!" Seeing as how I'm in my early 30s and La Lucci is in her mid 60s, I wasn't sure if he was complimenting me or trying to subtly tell me I need botox. unsure.png

I am kind of "meh" about her new movie, but I can't WAIT to see this show. This looks like it has great potential.

• Members

Nope, happily married. Sorry. cool.png

And for the record, I really don't think I look all that much like her, but for almost a year, if you showed my son a photo of Lucci, he smiled and pointed at it said "It's Mama!" He never did that with anyone else either. My kids are just weird.

• Members

OMG I'm at the episodes where crazy bitch Hannah shot Ryan in the head. I always wondered how that went down. That was the worst edited cliffhanger/scene ever. Hannah's sudden craziness came out of nowhere. I can't believe that bat was trying to shoot Kendall. Thanks Ryan!

Thank you, SFK!! Sounds good! I'm glad this show is web-bound; It's the future!

The description of AM's character Bobbi has me salivating, I just see her playing that & it being amazing.

• Members

For ICLI it's Cara Castronuova who was a trainer on America's Biggest Loser and who is with Green Key Management (the mngmt company of the guy who created this comedy). I wonder if Cara had some not so good stories about Jillian Michaels? You get the vibe the comedy is loosely based on a true story, hah.

• Members

At about 3.25 minutes in, there's a really interesting scene with Nick and Erica. She's just left his grandson, Charlie, at the altar, to the relief of just about everyone in Pine Valley, minus poor Charlie. Toward the end of the conversation, Nick kisses her, and then she kisses him back. THIS is why the world thought Erica/Charlie was icky. It wasn't about the age difference. It was that she married his Uncle Jeff, then married his father and miscarried his younger brother/sister, then had a torrid affair with his grandfather, and after the engagement with Charlie is called off, she's in her living room swapping spit with his grandfather again. Earlier in this episode, Charlie comes by to talk to her, and he kisses her goodbye. Comparing the two scenes, she had FAR more chemistry with Nick than she ever did with Charlie.

• Members

True, but I blame that more on casting than on the icky family dynamics.

Then again, I'm also a fan of GUIDING LIGHT, where Reva "the Slut of Springfield" Shayne Lewis (x5?) literally slept her way through one family. Ergo, I'm probably just used to it, lol.

• Members

See, I think Erica with Nick was "ickier" than Erica with Charlie for the simple fact that she was sleeping with her mother's friend who was old enough to be her father. And then how Mona tried to reconcile that fact and even took Nick's side at times, ICK.

And btw, Palmer's Office, Linden House, just love the sets... this Linden was the best set Erica ever had.