AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

He was repulsive in how he behaved towards her. This was when ABC had taken over and when Behr was out and we got things like the "hunkifying" of the show - with generally unappealing or boring (IMO) slabs of beef who dragged their stories down, if they even had a story (I think Daniel Cosgrove spent a year playing out two scenes - "can I get into your pants Laura" and "Laura you're so bitter, but I understand").

I think this streamlined AMC involved stories about women in peril, women paying a price, women emotional and out of control. Liza had to be significantly dumbed down to go along with that. I don't think she ever recovered.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At least Cosgrove was (IMHO) Hot, Lowry never was, but I get your point. Like I said, I did like his initial romance with Liza before they knew who each was.

I think Liza did recover somewhat--but as a backburnered character (I'm speaking of Marcy's Liza), but I do agree with your point in general.

This is the Monday, (the 18th) following the last episode I uploaded, still at Palmer's Masqeurade, 1980. Lots of great stuff. I really wish I could see AMC 1976-1981 or so. I know Babbin (?) shook things up as EP and 1983-84 anyway is seen as classic, but a lot of that is online--and I think this is the era that most interests me (aside from more from the very very early couple of years). Sorry I have NO idea how to edit out commercials or any other form of video editing--but I kinda enjoy the commercials, and they're easily skipped.

*Will Palmer discover who the masked lady is?* *Is Phil back from the dead?* Will poor Brooke ever fall in love with someone who doesn't seem like an attractive--and in love with Erica--gay man?*

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Thanks again. Its strange seeing another Tad. I've only seen the clip from one of the flashback episodes where they bake cookies with gram and Ruth. Did Phil come back at this time? Another good cliffhanger -- now this is how you do sweeps. Its interesting to see Brooke as the naive inguene as opposed to the older career woman she was later. I also kind of like Sybil, shes pretty funny woundering around the house like that.

Unfortunately AMC had trouble finding a suitable new love interest for Brooke in the 90s aside from Edmund. The ones they tried to pair her with Jackson, Dimitri, Piece etc she didn't have much chemistry with.

• Members

I once had a meeting with another well-known NY CD who worked with Joan, and she said that the show felt that they needed fresher eyes and replaced her with Judy Blye Wilson in '91. JBW was over at OLTL and previously RH. Kelly Ripa was Joan's last big "famous" find, while SMG was Judy's first.

• Members

Unfortunately AMC also had trouble finding a suitable love interest for Jackson who wasn't Erica. I wasn't a huge fan of the Brooke/Jack pairing but I loved their friendship. Angelique and Laurel were both so mousy and quiet in comparison to Erica that it almost seemed like Jack was running the opposite direction, but you just knew it wouldn't work out. I had great hope that TPTB would pair Jack and Anna together. She was classy, intelligent, strong, and beautiful, someone who could be an equal partner for Jack instead of a damsel in distress, but she wasn't prone to the over the top hysterics that Erica was.

• Members

LOL

How long were Jack and Brooke together and did they have sex?

Also why did Brooke keep Jamie's paternity a secret? When did it become public knowledge? When did she tell the Martins? Before or after Tad came back from the dead?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Yes, Jack and Brooke had sex. He proposed at one point even. They got together in early 1991, and by the end of the year, he was back with Erica. They had been friends for years and became closer.

IIRC, Brooke and Tom told everyone that Tom was the father because Tad had died, and she knew Dixie had been hurt enough by Brooke and Tad being together, and she didn't want to cause a bunch of drama by telling everyone the truth. Plus, she felt that this was her one piece of Tad that was all hers, and this was her miracle baby she shouldn't have been able to even have (remember - Brooke couldn't give Adam a child so he knocked up Dixie instead), and she felt that by telling the truth, everyone in Tad's life would feel entitled to have a claim on her baby. In other words, she hid the truth because it was a good plot device. :P

Dixie came to Brooke when Jamie was a few months old and Brooke was with Jack and Dixie was trying to move on with Craig. She told Brooke that she couldn't let go of Tad and move on with her life because if she did, there would be nothing left of Tad in this world. She was very upset, so Brooke told her the truth - that Jamie was Tad's son and Tad would live on in him. Not surprisingly, Dixie freaked her ish out over that because SHE was the love of Tad's life and if anyone was entitlted to have Tad's baby with was her (and this would be a big part of why I hate Dixie). Jack had been trying to get Brooke to tell the truth for months, saying that if she wanted him to renounce any ties to Erica, he couldn't sit by and be with her while she lied to everyone about her baby. So once she told Dixie the truth, she, Tom and Jack gathered Joe and Ruth and Palmer and Opal and told them all the truth and invited them to be grandparents to Tad's baby. This was all before Tad came back.

• Members

Aw, Brooke and Jack at the movies, that is so cute. My mom would often say, "See, I like Jack with Brooke." She preferred Dimitri for Erica. I think B&J did do it.

Cheap, do you recognize Erica's yellow plaid from All About Erica when Brooke smacked the taste out of her mouth?