AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Yes, all so great! I love how dark it is, undoubtedly a very cold CT evening when they taped.

I also love all of the OLTL Lord connections. JM said he always thought they could have toyed with the idea of incest, and they would of course eventually go there with Viki. Then you have original Viki here in the Eugenia role, portrait and all; sickly princess Nina, Viki and Merrie in one.

I want to go to a masqued ball where a stuffed pheasant keeps watchful eye over the hors d'oeuvres.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching the second episode, the first time I can remember seeing Devon or Wally (I may have seen Devon but it was a long time ago). Wow, they are both so drab and malnourished. I think soaps have often felt like in order for characters to be "good", they must be very wan, but it's such a contrast to Ellen, who has such a sense of life and wit even in everyday scenes.

These "ACTING IS AN EXPERIENCE" scenes with Devon make me hate her a little.

I'm kind of amazed Devon lasted as long as she did.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

In the scenes where Cliff and Nina tell Frank and Betsy about their engagement, the band is playing that song "Just to Dance With You." I wonder if Nina was a huge Beatles fan. I think I hear "All My Loving" too.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yeah, I do NOT like Devon.

Didn't realize they were already married. I guess because he knocked her up?

Palmer sounds drunk by the time he's calling out for Daisy.

This would have made for a great primetime special. Love seeing the old commercials.

Trivia: musician Regina Spektor was born the day this aired

Edited by SFK

• Members

Yes. They married for the sake of the child, and she saw him as a burden. I think eventually she learned to love him, but didn't they split up again before she had the story with Donna Pescow? Can't remember if she went back to him.

I wonder how much James Mitchell was cracking up in those scenes where he had to wander around outside, yelling. It's just nuts.

Frank seemed like such a part of the community...kind of sad he was casually killed off a few years later.

I thought Phil had been killed in a shootout or something along those lines. I didn't know his second exit was also going missing.

Donna seems a little like a young Daisy in these episodes. I wonder if that's why Palmer fell for her.

Tara is just played out.

• Members

So that woman with the black headscarf is Claudette. I thought it was when they mentioned catering. She's also the only one with the girls on show.

So was Eddie Dorrance still around at this time? I thought Claudette was sent to prison for killing him.

James Mitchell is so OTT in these scenes. I just love it. How ridiculous.

Louis Edmonds played Marc Anthony in college; I wonder if that's why he was dressed as Marc Anthony (I said that in the other thread too).

• Members

I remember thinking when I read those magazines and books that she hung around for quite a while - she was recast halfway through. I thought she was gone by this time but she did run The Chateau, and they mentioned catering, so I assume this is that Claudette.

• Members

I would say it wasn't her but I think someone did call her Claudette, unless AMC brought in another caterer named Claudette just to insult the woman who played the other one ohmy.png

Based on Brooke and Tom talking about the end of his marriage, I wonder if Erica had fled town after the birth control pill lie was uncovered. That was fall 1979 wasn't it?