AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL @all of the brunette Angelique comments because my typing fingers started itching the moment she popped up. I watched the bottom clip first and was surprised that a pic of her wearing that gothic dress she wore when she originally got wheeled in by Helga would make it to the opening credits. I guess I had forgotten that. But yeah, she was for the bulk of her run blond, the brown hair, I do not remember at all, and the color and style do absolutely nothing or her and frump up an otherwise attractive woman. They Laurel'd her. She could have been more of a glamorous threat to Erica. The last time remember Angelique was a few months I guess after she had let the show, and she made a phone call to Dimitri. She was blond again there.

• Members

I wonder if they thought Jack had a type - all his love interests who were blonde became brunette.

Was this from after Will was killed?

I was also going to ask - how did you react at the time to Brian Bodine's recast? I read the exit interview of Borlgheni and he had a big ego at that time, although he made a few humorous comments (he basically said that when he was asked to go to the SOD Awards, he first wanted to know if any ABC executives were going to be there with guns).

• Members

Yeah, at one point they whacked off Angelique's hair and made her a brunette. I don't remember what the reasoning was behind that. As a blonde she looked somewhat like Melanie Griffith did at the time, and it wasn't an unattractive look for her. The cut and dye job did her no favors. Jack didn't get that many love interests. Poor guy. But for the record, he was with Brooke, and Brooke got to stay a strawberry blonde. ;)

Will Cortlandt was killed in early 1992.

As far as Brooke/Tad/Dixie goes, I disliked the whole "two Tads" storyline, and I remember watching and being SUPREMELY pissed off that Dixie was the one who blabbed to Tad about Jamie being his son. I was just a teenager at the time, but I actually fired off a really pissed off letter to TPTB at AMC over that because I felt very strongly that Brooke deserved to be the one to share the news with Tad, and I thought Dixie was a jealous b*tch. I have never liked Dixie, so I didn't mind her moping about while Brooke married Tad.

• Members

I liked the second Brian, he was just a kinder and gentler Brian. In hindsight, I can see how some might think Brian lost his edge, and his ethnic quality for that matter. I'm not surprised by MB's ego in sight of his more recent comments. Maybe I sensed that which is why I didn't mind the recast?ph34r.png

• Members

I loved Tad and Dixie prior to 1996. Brooke/Tad weren't worth ending Brooke/Edmund. They were a smart and sexy couple. I was 12-13 and I could appreciate them. Although Tad and Dixie were the primary factor in ending Brian/Hayley and Brooke/Edmund - for some reason I always blamed the Santos children more. Tad and Dixie dug the graves of these pairings, but Maria and Mateo put the dirt and cement over the coffins.

• Members

What did you think of Hayley/Alec?

That pairing always seems odd to me, especially after Alec and Gloria and Adam.

I don't get the feeling that the show had a lot of idea what to do with Hayley as she got older.

Then she just ended up being Mateo's property.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I thought Hayley and Alec were together for a while before Arlene came back.

Eric did you get to see some of the episodes I posted that are early in Arlene's return? I love the one where they actually did flashbacks with Hayley in the black wig.

I never understood Hayley/Charlie either - who thought that was a great idea?

It's just a shame her most famous pairing consisted of someone who spent 5 years grabbing her arm and hissing at her.

• Members

This reminds me of an old interview with Kelly Ripa where she said Grant Aleksander was her favorite co-star to work with aside from her husband. I was kind of surprised by this given that they didn't have the best story together and given GA's troubled past with getting along with co-stars.

• Members

I didn't like any of her pairings after Brian. I didn't like Hayley/Charlie, Hayley/Alec or even Hayley/Mateo. I didn't like her with Charlie and Alec for similiar reasons, there wasn't enough chemistry to make up for the very visible age difference. Charlie was too fluffy. Alec was too creepy.