AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dena Dietrich's Wilma was a lot nastier than the lady we saw in the boutique with Natalie. That lady seemed kind with a touch of scrap, I would like to see more of her to fairly judge. Natalie had died before DD's Wilma came to town. I don't think Wilma was even at Natalie's funeral.

• Members

I was going to ask - were you a Cliff/Nina fan back in the day? Or did you start watching after they were gone? It's interesting, as I am watching the 12/18/86 episode, and they just seem so played out. I get the feeling the show had no interest in Nina after the disastrous recasts and only brought her back when they were trying to figure out what to do with Cliff, or for nostalgia purposes. They seem pleasant enough but the contrast between them at this time and the innocence and pure love in the flashback is striking.

There are 3 women on the show at this time with poofy brown hair (Hillary/Skye/Erica).

How far did the show go in the Matt/Erica pairing? It reminds me of Erica/Stamp - people bellowing at each other in a somewhat stagey manner. I wonder why they didn't just make Michael Tylo play a Quint type character again.

Who was this Roy that Hillary was arguing with? He seems to be Paul Lynde Jr.

They were recycling Tad/Dottie with Tad/Skye.

Poor Natalie was made to look so blowsy, and has way too much hair. I wonder when they made her over.

That hair makes poor Hillary look like a poodle. And it makes her look about 12. I think Tonya Crowe looked about this age on Knots Landing - only with better hair and makeup. And she was on drugs at the time.

The scene with Hillary and the talking teddy was...creepy, and sad. And creepy.

The older kid in the Tylenol ad played Kevin on OLTL at this time.

• Members

That was a very good interview. I appreciated hearing the stories about behind the scenes, and all the friendships. It's nice how even though Susan Lucci was the star, she was so welcoming.

I think he dodged a bullet not getting the Madden role, although I can see why he wouldn't feel that way. It's kind of odd McTavish thought people would only remember him as Matt. Matt is probably one of the biggest forgotten characters.

• Members

Re; Nina and Cliff. Nina was brought back in 1986 for Peter Bergman's exit as they both left the show shortly after their wedding. Didn't last long though as Nina came back and Cliff was presumed dead.

Edited: Found the clip from Jan 1987 when they leave for Hong Kong :

Edited by ghfan89

• Members

There's a fun little scene in one of those Dec. 1986 episodes where Nina teases Ross about being "turned on" by Natalie. It's the type of thing I wish we saw more of with Nina, as all the true love forever stuff with Cliff seems so worn out.

• Members

I really enjoyed that interview with Michael Tylo. He isn't someone who I know much about and he shared some great memories. I'm glad that he looks back at his time on AMC so fondly. For whatever reasons, I was sort of expecting the opposite.

I thought he and Hunter had gotten back together.

He would have been good as Mark Lawson's dad on OLTL.

• Members

Tylo probably would have been better off on AMC a few years later, when Trevor was around, but overall I think he mostly just seemed to suit one role (Quint).

He and Hunter reconciled once or twice but then split for good. Her latest husband, there was all sorts of unfortunate drama.

Was that Lisa Gay Hamilton from The Practice or is she the friend on Ally McBeal who had a breakdown? Or is it someone else entirely?