AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maybe she was let go or maybe she pursued nighttime or film, not sure. I did not remember her at all when one night we were watching the debut of a very short-lived FOX sitcom called Women in Prison where my mom i.d.'d her as the first Skye. Her character was a "lipstick lesbian". The gag was that the main character was talking to Antoinette's character, suspecting that CCH Pounder's butch character was one. Antoinette assured her that CCH wasn't then sashayed away to join an awaiting "female friend". Hilarity ensues.

Edited by SFK

• Members

It's gotten thinner with age, but alas I think that happens to all of us. :(

I got a kick out of reading the unauthorized bio of her that was written in the 1980s. One of the wardrobe people from back then was quoted as saying that Susan's main problem was that she REALLY wanted to be 5'10" and blonde, and it was really hard to convince her that they just couldn't make her look like that, no matter what they did. laugh.png

• Members

I was just watching the August 5 94 episode, when Erica had just found Mona and called Joe. Susan played the shock of it all very believably; I can't say enough good things about that long, quiet scene at the end where Erica looked through Mona's purse. Nothing like that would be on TV now. What was it she said Mona always had - a stick of gum? The part about the driver's license, expired, got to me. I was never a fan of Ray McDonnell in these dramatic scenes - he often relied on a nervous grin - but I was moved when he told Ruth "Our circle has become smaller." It was a touching nod to that original core and how special they were. In a lot of ways I'm kind of glad AMC left soon after most of that original core was gone - the show without Mona, Myrtle, Phoebe, Nick, certainly functioned, but wasn't quite hte same.

• Members

That really was a great episode. Wow, I didn't remember it being in August. For some reason I thought school was in session when that all went down. Maybe Fra died when school was still in and that's what I'm thinking of. I haven't seen that episode in years, but I remember them doing a closeup of Erica's hand gripping the railing as she walked down the stairs. I also seem to remember Erica giving her address when she called the paramedics, 212 Lancaster Drive. Dorian's was 202 Lincoln Terrace. The things one remembers...

• Members

Speaking of Linden, do we know more about Erica losing money and Matt buying it from out under her as seen in that episode Carl posted? Now I understand why he was drunk in the living room in that Christmas greeting to the camera. Also, Linden was all in black and grey at first, as seen in the All About Erica video where Matt is giving Erica a massage and tries to kiss her and she slaps him. I wonder at what point it got all mauve and pink.

• Members

I actually kinda agree there. Myrtle and Palmer were really the last straws but it was nice that for both we got appropriate send offs--and not the way many funerals are done now on other soaps where the actual funeral is hardly focused and the emphasis instead is on using it for some random other story. I guess that's one reason I disagree with those who have said repeatedly how unrecognizable AMC became. EVen with the awful Rylee overload, etc, I always still felt SOME connection to the past and history even going back to 1970 (obviously having Susan Lucci there was a main reason for this)--something I feel less of on other soaps.