AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know it's not the same thing, but there are book versions of the first few seasons of AMC out there. Rosemarie Santini wrote some, and there's another author who wrote a few as well. You can sometimes find them on amazon or ebay. I really enjoyed reading them, as this part of the show was way before my time.

• Members

I read somewhere, I'm not sure, that Ingrid Rogers was fired so they could make Taylor more of a villain for Noah/Julia.

I think Rogers is OK, I just don't buy her as a cop in the episode from April 95.

This is the Cecily/Laura episode. It's funny as she looks like Kim Rhodes here, one of my favorite AW actresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kbf8cv1Nu8

• Members

That was Linden House. It was remodeled a few times in the 1990s, kind of like how Wildwind was suddenly drastically remodeled when David moved in there in 2010 or so. Mona's house was full of crocheted doilies and old lady things. :) There is an episode on YT where Jack helps Erica clean out Mona's house. It's really quite sad. Erica wants to hold onto every single thing, even though it's painfully obvious that she'll never use 99% of it (I think she tells him that she can make throw pillows out of her mother's silly flannel Christmas-themed nightgowns).

• Members

I forgot Brooke/Adam were together again in 2002. The show went back to them as a default so many times - it's a shame they never kept them together (until the end). It's strange how in 2006 they did not seem to interact at all.

I kind of wish Erica had kept all of Mona's stuff.

I enjoyed the Erica/Nick relationship in that August 1994 episode. It was such a vital part of Erica's character, something which was always picked up again so easily even after Nick had not been a regular in 20-25 years.

• Members

^ Jack helped her sort it into stuff that had true sentimental value to her, and stuff that could go to other, less fortunate people. Realistically, most people aren't going to keep every item that belonged to their deceased parent. My parents were massively in love, and I dare say that the term "soul mates" applied to them, and even my mother didn't see the need to keep every pair of jeans in my dad's closet after he died not long ago, nor would I have expected her to do so. Why keep stuff like that when it can benefit someone in need, and the items in question have no real sentimental value?

To me what was much worse was Trey burning down Erica's house and destroying all of the things that DID have sentimental value to Erica. Before Bianca came out, Erica dragged a box out of the attic or basement and had a bunch of her own stuff from high school in it. She showed it all to Opal while they talked about Bianca. Stuff like that had value to Erica, along with countless photos and memorabilia, and she lost all of that to the demon spawn of Vanessa Bennett and Richard Fields. I seem to recall a scene in which Erica is holding a photo of Mona, and she says it's the only one she has left. To me, that was heartbreaking, and I hated Trey with a seething passion for doing that to Erica.

• Members

In real life, I agree, most things have to go. On a soap, I just have this image of Erica having storage lockers with Mona's things and every once in a while going to see them when she needs to get away from the people in her life.

I have to admit I didn't have a big emotional reaction at the time to Linden House burning down because, well, for one thing, the name always kind of annoyed me, and for another, I never got to see Mona (aside from one or two clips). I was more used to the Erica of the late 90's, who had been in and out of Wildwind, and was more of a loner, as Bianca was only a recurring character. It wasn't until the whole Bianca rape story that I started to understand more of the Kane legacy.

Wasn't this when she had the phantom mask and contemplated suicide? Or was that something else? I always imagine the people who owned the house wandering in and seeing THE Erica Kane in their bath.