AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

LOVEd Lynn Thigpen as Grace. :es;ie Uggams plaed Tose Keefer I think.

LOVE Julia Barr as Brooke and always loved the writing for her except when they had her be Adam Mistress while he was married to Liza, that was whack imo.

Hated Tad and Dixie, always loved his other pairings (Tad and Dottie/Liza and Tad and Brooke) as opposed to his popular ones, go figure.

Was def not a fan of Maria and Edmund and always took Erica's side in her and Maria rivalry abd I aint a big Erica fan at that lol.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ghfan89, thank you so much for posting that 1993 episode. I hadn't seen any of AMC from that time, outside of a few clips. I'm glad to finally be able to see some of Kendall's story, beyond the SMG clips already on Youtube. The show was so fortunate that Frances Heflin was still there to relive the story of Erica's rape and pregnancy. Having rarely seen Heflin get the chance to really act, she was masterful here. She makes you believe this storyline. The show also did a surprisingly decent job of passing Susan off as a teenage girl.

Great to see more of Kendall's uneasiness, longing, and the buildup of her rage towards Bianca.

Natalie is so flat. Her fried hair, her generic personality. No wonder they wrote her off not too long after this.

Glad they didn't go with Maria/Trevor, but I prefer her here to what she became later.

• Members

THANK YOU for posting this! I hadn't seen this in years. And since we were all discussing how Mona handled the rape, this scene proves that she DID confide in Dr. Charles Tyler - Mona said she told him and him only, and that he was the one who knew people in Phoenix and helped her arrange for Erica to go there.

• Members

Erica looks really good here. Kendall and those damn neutral boxy blazers. When the clip first started, I thought that was An-Li #1 for a split second before I saw Lindsay. That was Taylor.wacko.png The Mona/Nick stuff is priceless.

This was when AMC was so good!

• Members

"She didn't even have the vocabulary to explain what had happened to her." That line struck me.

She was always older than me, but in hindsight I can hardly believe how high and child-like SMG's voice was.

Mona arranging for postcards to be sent from Europe? blink.png

Edited by SFK

• Members

The postcard line threw me, mostly because I'm surprised she came up with all that (then again Erica had to get some scheme genes from her mother's side...). I couldn't help imagining Phoebe knocking back a few, caterwauling to Charles about, "That Kane woman, wasting your far too generous salary on frivolities, and rubbing our nose in it!!"

I loved the line about how Erica "faded like the Japanese lanterns at her birthday party," and especially when Mona said all she was left with was "a distant and rather dull ache."

It's startling how seamlessly AMC seemed to be integrated at this time, and how this was dismantled only a year later.

• Members

So true - I can actually picture Phoebe responding just like that! laugh.png

The show was so awesome back then. Every time I watch an episode from the early 1990s, I'm reminded again of why I fell in love with that show.

Oh, and Kendall's reaction to Erica going on and on about how fabulous Bianca is - so awesome!

• Members

In a way it's almost sad seeing Erica go on about Bianca, as you know she's overcompensating.

By the time I started watching AMC, it was a mixed bag (mid-90's), so I enjoy seeing the earlier stuff. I especially like seeing more of Erica at this time, as it seems like they had the characterization just right.

• Members

Watching the opening credits for the June 27, 1995 episode, I realize that by the end of the year they'd changed the photos for Erica, Brooke, Laurel, Gloria, Trevor, Dixie, Joe, Palmer, Opal, Jack, Derek, and Taylor. It's strange as Phoebe seems to be the only one they didn't change. I guess some were based on haircuts, but clearly others weren't.

I really wonder how the one of Erica even got through - she looks dead.

Edited by CarlD2