AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for posting that great review--funny as didn't a review from '91 or so think '89 was a rough year? Funny about saying Maurice Benard doesn't do any fake Marlon posing and mannerisms, as that's all he does now, but I do agree that in the 80s on AMC he had a charm and naturalness with him and he and Cecily were great, better than Julie.

I didn't even remember Cecily being there by the time Laura came on the show. Man I hated Cecily during her whole 90s run--I really could not fathom why they brought her back until later I saw how much more appealing she was in the 80s. Of course it didn't help that they paired her with Charlie...

I actually much prefered the first Taylor though she seems rougher acting wise than I remember in that clip. Was she replaced I didn't read much soap gossip at the time, but my memory was the actress left and the new Taylor came a while later...

• Members

I was going to ask if there is any truth to the claims that Erica and Kendall rarely appeared in scenes together for a lot of SMG's later months on the show. Is that true? Or did they rarely appear in scenes together anyway? I haven't seen a lot of SMG's later stuff, although that episode where she spent the entire time hiding in a tunnel eavesdropping was a little odd.

• Members

They were in a lot of scenes together in 1993. Then Erica found out Dimitri helped Kendall track down Richard Fields, and she moved out, leaving Kendall at Wildwind, so they didn't interact much if I recall. Then of course there was the drama with Erica stabbing Dimitri, which Kendall set in motion, so they had some scenes together then, and they had some scenes together during the trial and when Erica left Kendall in jail for perjury. After that, I seem to recall nearly all of their scenes being fights or arguments. Erica pretty much steered clear of Kendall after the trial. I never bought the idea that it was because of some feud that SL and SMG had. There wasn't a lot of reason for Erica to interact with Kendall after the stunt she pulled with the trial.

Personally, I thought TPTB were really at a loss as to what to do with Kendall after the trial because she seemed to flit about doing strange half-developed things like plotting with Corvina or writing a bad book with Del. I still have issues with how Kendall was written when she first came to town, and perhaps if that had been done better, storylines for her would have flowed better.

• Members

That was a pretty spiffy wedding. Everyone looked so nice in their formal clothing, especially Nina and Cliff. Erica, strangely enough, looked the worst of the entire crowd I thought. It was just too much. Palmer and Daisy were such a perfect couple, I love the long close up on Palmer's face as he realizes Daisy is there and he is just staring.

The other thing I loved about AMC back then is how they would have these charming musical introductions to scenes maybe over an exterior shot. It's too bad soaps did a way with that kind of detail. Maybe it was corny, but it worked.

• Members

Can anyone give me any details on Trichina Arnold's character? I vaguely remmeber her being on the show but dont recall anything about her. I see that she was on for 2 years. Was she contract or recurring? Did she have any story of her own or was she merely supporting? Any romance?

• Members

TA played Sharla Valentine, Mrs. Valentine's granddaughter I think. Don't remember her having a heavy story, but they cast her father (a Doctor) as a love interest for the recasted Angela Hubbard, and I think she was friends with Lanie (or was it Julie lol)

• Members

I seem to remember her being friends mostly with Emily Ann. I do remember her in scenes at the Wallingford's with another young girlfriend and I'm trying to remember who that would have been at the time... Cecily or Hilary, I guess. The ages are kind of a blur to me.

But this is the first thing I ever saw TA in.