AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Susan/AMC got a lot of flak for this, as I think both Marlena de La Croix and Michael Logan panned the scene (I might be wrong though, it's been a long time). I think the criticism must have struck a nerve, as Erica/SL was so restrained after this, in emotional scenes.

• Members

Erica was in shock and was totally numb at first over Mona's death. Kendall even ripped into her for not crying at the funeral home. Her falling apart and flinging herself on the coffin as the reality of the situation finally set in for her was heartbreaking. Mona was such a central figure in Erica's life, and losing her had a huge effect on Erica. I didn't think it was over the top, and I thought Susan Lucci did an amazing job with those scenes.

As a slight aside, Susan also wrote in her book that she had been very close to Fra Heflin. They'd shared a dressing room for 16 years or so, and she'd been like a surrogate mother to Susan, and Susan was devastated by her death, so when I see those scenes again of Erica breaking down, it puts Erica's breakdown in perspective for me, and it's not OTT. She wrote that her own mother was visiting during those scenes, and she went home after filming and threw herself into her mom's arms and sobbed. :(

• Members

Would you say the 1994 episode I posted earlier is representative of that time? I really did not care for most of the expository dialogue with Opal/Dixie/Tad about Seabone and Palmer (although at least the show was trying to mine the past for current story). It's so weird seeing the Palmer/Janet thing I'd heard so much about. The show ignored that in later years, didn't they? Janet is in the strangest safe sex PSA ever. Only in the 90's. I did like her "here a buck, there a buck..." line.

I kind of liked Edmund's press person (is she in the opening credits after Corvina?). That story didn't do anything for me.

It's nice to see Brooke being written with more strength. By the time I started watching (mid 1995) she was so needy. I liked how she fired right back at Adam that she at least had a child who loved her.

• Members

I don't care for Noah, and never have, in part because I think he's a prime example of the "LOOK MA, I'M ACTING!!!!!!" type of performance, but I love the scenes with Noah and Grace. They go beyond cliched dialogue and add some real punch, especially Lynne Thigpen. Superb.

Winsor Harmon's not too bad here - better than I thought, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1dCuld5-sE&feature=autoplay&list=ULAdxVdxcvLrA&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1

• Members

She has an incredible monologue in this clip. I'm impressed AMC remembered some of this about Noah's mother when they brought her in a few years later.

I miss Lynne.

This clip is also the best example of what (IMO) destroyed the Maria character. The baby obsession is just off the charts here. And the flashbacks of the self-abortion...I'm still surprised that story even made it on the air. I guess because she was punished for her sins. I remember a fan told me that they hated Maria after this, as the story was just so disgusting.

Edited by CarlD2