AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nathalie Paulding was a very interesting actress. She wasn't great, but she did play up a lot of the insecurity, bitterness, and self-loathing that Bianca would feel at that time, all under a "sweet" and "nice" demeanor.

I also think that Gina wasn't much of an actress. I can't see her playing heavy material.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

All Biancas were horrible until Riegel. Wilde, Chabert, Gallagher, Paulding. I said that long ago, and I stand by my word. Lind was OK, and I began to accept her at the end. When Riegel came on, I thought, "Oh Lord, here we go." But then I thought, "Well, hell, they finally found a Bianca that could act."

• Members

Yup! Because good, loving Tad kept telling Junior how Adam was as horrible a father to him as Ray Gardner was to Tad. I remember after one of the many times Junior ran away and he was found at the boat house, Adam went to go hug him, relieved he was safe, and Junior flinched as if he was going to hit him. Liza took Adam away while Tad hugged Junior with this smug look of "See? He loves me more than you -- so what if I brainwashed the boy?" And then I remember after all of this, Tad says to Dixie "Hmmm... maybe I've been talking too much about Ray Gardner around Junior and Jamie!"

Ya think? :rolleyes:

• Members

That storyline - Jake/Joe/Tad hounding Dixie into a miscarriage and not caring - is one of the main reasons I quit watching for a while in 99-00. It's also one of the reasons why I was probably one of the very few AMC viewers who didn't think the show improved all that much after McTavish left.

The story with Tad constantly going on about Ray Gardner and Adam = Ray was nasty stuff. I always felt like that time period was what destroyed Tad as a character. The show as a whole was just a mess - I think the only story which got a positive response at the time was David/Erica.

This was also at the time of WTF stuff like Mateo pouring Hayley a drink, and the candy cane, and Greenlee/Becca/Scott.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

~swoons~ David/Erica. All these years later, I'm still pissed that TPTB broke them up only because they wanted Erica to be single while she dealt with Bianca coming out. Then they never went back and brought David/Erica back together as a couple. That was such a waste of such a great couple.