AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

"Fly on the wall" reality shows like Flavor of Love and fun cooking shows like Man vs. Food are one thing, but listening to groups of hosts cackle for three hours a day is asking too much, imo. I don't think the audience wants to sit and listen to people do all that talking without being able to chime in. There's no substitute for good fiction.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. Y&R 4,563,000 (-179,000/-770,000)

2. B&B 2,827,000 (-82,000/-426,000)

3. OLTL 2,630,000 (+56,000/+150,000) - REALLY AND NOW TELL ME AGAIN WHY OLTL IS GETTING CANCELED

4. GH 2,605,000 (-115,000/-163,000)

5. DAYS 2,363,000 (+135,000/-354,000)

6. AMC 2,303,000 (-80,000/-123,000)

• Members

I'm sitting here wondering why anyone thought LB was going to change things. It's very clear, IMO that Frons already dictated the end, LB is just driving the bus off the cliff. Rylee will without a shadow of a doubt be endgame. (On a very selfish note, THANK GOD I don't have to hear anymore talk of David/Greenlee and how LB is going to go there again, she ain't folks.)

• Members

It only took me an hour to get to the end of this thread that I stopped reading at 4:30... Thank you everyone who has posted the links and quotes from the actors.

Eventually I think ABC is going to have to give back the time to the related stations. This is going to really hurt the O&Os as many air Oprah too.

• Members

Let me re-post what I wrote a little earlier, in case some people missed it.

Here is something to think about:

The shows' profitability is determined by the Demos. W18-34 and W18-49. That is what sets the ad buy rates. This past week DAYS and B&B both finished a tenth of a point lower than OLTL in each category. And their respective networks don't own them, like the way ABC does own its soaps. What does that say about where DAYS and B&B stand at the moment, and how bright their futures appear to be?

Archived