AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point I have no confidence in any network keeping their remaining soaps. I see DAYS being canceled once its contract expires in 2013. Unless NBC picks up a new soap which will likely never happen then DAYS is definitely going away unfortunately.

2013 will likely be the last year for American soaps.

• Members

I really don't get why ABC still has him as their Daytime head. While I don't pretend that the soaps would have had much longer without him really, has he done one thing for them to help them money wise (not to mention creative wise)--as was mentioned moving AMC hardly was a cost saving measure to cancel it this soon.

• Members

I was in the first grade and that was a very good Transformers and G.I. Joe-filled Christmas.

Which brings me to what Khan was saying... this goodbye is goodbye to a very warm chapter of my childhood. I started watching again, if only half-watching, when I lost my mom and the stories have been a pleasant if only subliminal reminder of her. At least the next time I see her I can say, "Oh Ma, you didn't miss that much. ^_^ "

I broke the news to my grandma a little while ago and she was surprisngly nonplussed about it seeing as how my grandparents could probably count on their four hands combined the number of episodes they've missed over the past 30 years. I sense that it had become routine, at times even an albatross. :lol: I think I needed her reaction. We'll miss it, but we know that we already got the best it was ever going to offer.

Archived