AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

What's even more ridiculous is that he, of course, sings the praises of Erika Slezak, who he claims "spoke up when it counted," leading to "Dena Higley being fired." Which makes no sense in the context of his Lucci-bashing because Higley hung around OLTL for nearly three years while Pratt was booted from AMC after 15 months.

Brazen! Topical!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think there was a lot of internal discontent at AMC over Pratt. I mean read Susans comments in that interview and I cannot believe she

and the rest of the cast stayed quiet about it. Just because they didn't blast their frustration all over the Soap Tabloid Press doesn't mean they sat back. I always felt his firing was suspicous because the ratings didn't constiture it at the time.

• Members

I don't see how Erika would have very much to do with the firing. Erika is very well-respected and a total professional, so I would guess if she did speak out it may have been when she knew Dena was on the way out.

It's kind of funny because the show that has the most actors who trash the show or stories to the press, is Y&R (Braeden, Morrow, Cooper, etc.) which was and often still is hyped as wonderful at various soap blogs like DC.

• Members

I know that when I tease her about that I'm not merely referring to Susan Lucci-2011, I'm talking the same Susan Lucci I saw for the first time in a non-Erica situation pinch hitting for Kathie Lee or whatever back in 1980-something. That *listening to herself as she thinks it then speaks it* thing has been a part of her public persona for as long as I can remember and it tickles me. I would love to see her be more candid at times because I am genuinely interested in how she honestly feels about certain things, but that's a privilege of her family and close friends. I'm not gunning for her to go BSC and show her tail on national television or anything like that.

• Members

Actually, that's not true. She wrote in her fan newsletter, saying that Dena only was interested in writing stories for characters she created and that the only person who found those stories interesting were Dena herself. She was extremely critical of her and there were no signs, or even rumors that Dena was on the way out at the time. Many fans and people in the know believe that Erika's letter, which received lots of attention from the soap press and fans alike, had a lot to do with Dena's ouster.

• Members

When was this (the letter)? I thought Dena went because of ratings or demos falling.

I guess I never saw Frons as having any use for Erika, and if he had to choose he would have forced Erika out if she'd made any real push about Dena.

• Members

As I remember it, Erka Slezak had finally had enough of the Hack and flat out said so in her newsletter. In short order the hack was gone.

I read that letter on daytime confidential and don't know why everyone is bashing this guy. He did tell the truth all along when everyone including Lucci said he was wrong.

• Members

I think it is very relevant. He told the truth and she dismissed him as "some blogger" with an agenda. It's a total dismissal of a valid news source because it is a blogger and not the old media. Had his items come from the TV critic of the NY Post, they would not have been dismissed so easily. It's a snobbish mentality that "oh he is just some crazed soap fan who thinks he is somebody important. Narcissist sit down."

But where was Soap Opera Digest or the NY Times for that matter while he was reporting on what we now know were very real goings on? They had other things to report on, so he did what they didn't. For his troubles he got mocked and even now when he is completely vindicated people still discuss him as some crazed egomaniac.

• Members

Whether he was right or wrong is irrelevant because he is a blogger with a clear pro-OLTL/anti-AMC agenda and a crazed egomaniac. The simple fact that he wrote that behemoth song of himself proves the latter. This proves the former. I'm willing to go paragraph-by-paragraph to explain why.

• Members

Chelsea Handler kinda mentioned the soaps yesterday. She was talking about Lindsay Lohan's house arrest. She wondered what is she going to do all day bc Oprah is gone and all the soaps are off the air. You better go read a book..lol

• Members

Well Deadline.com also had the impending AMC cancellation also. And people were still in denial. It wasn't just him.

I think the issue with him is that he was practically glowing in that news because he felt his beloved OLTL was safe(which by the way he didn't have the scoop on)

And I believe he was also one who discounted Michael Logan who was the ONLY one to spill both shows being cancelled and even when challenged NEVER backed off either.

Plus the double standards on that site are glaring. Guza gets hired and it's he's replaced by a SCAB because he liked Guza yet never one word about the fact that MAB who they love over there was also FI-CORE when she was named HW.

Archived