The "I Just Saw...." Movie Review Thread

Vizion

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blue Valentine. This movie was the rage of the indie world with Ryan Gossling and Michelle Williams, who got an Oscar nom. After all the buzz of the NC17 rating, I thought I was going to be blown away by the superb acting and storyline. What a complete and total let down.

• Members

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Typical script, typical jokes, typical twists, very predictable. It was better than that abomination, At World's End, but anything would be better than that. I liked Penelope Cruz but the photography was horrendous (computer-made lighting was inserted numerous times in the movie to make up for bad on-set lighting), sets often looked fake and the special effects really weren't that much to look at. I'll give it this, though: The directing wasn't too bad and it was, at least, entertaining.

I'm shocked at this; all I've read is very positive reviews and it is one of my top movies to watch next. Now, I'm even more eager to watch it!

Also, in my to-watch list.

• Members

SUPER 8:

Well, basically 2011's ET. It was an enjoyable couple of hours, J.J wrote a solid script and directed it nicely, the kid actors were phenomenal and it was fun. I hated the music, though.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Just saw the movie "Camille" (2008) starring Sienna Miller & James Franco

Omg that movie was downright awful. Like, the acting was really good but the S/L was really bad! That movie made almost NO sense to me & the ending was RIDONKULOUS! Sienna & James made the movie watchable with their insane chem & humor. Their characters were great. The plot ruined it, I wish these two could be together in another movie.

Looked it up on IMDb and wasn't surprised that it failed majorly at the box office. The budget was 6 million and it made a grand total of $205,042 it's first week in the box office ph34r.png I hadn't heard of it until now.

Archived