OLTL: Austin Williams (Shane) on the bullying storyline

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish more kids, the ones who really need to see this, were home from school in time to catch OLTL. The show should edit a package that can be shown in schools. Break it down into a series of episodes with an educational packet a la classic Degrassi.

• Members

Actually Austin is older than the character he plays by I believe 2 or 3 years. So, When 'Shane' was first brought on the show and was supposed to be 9. Austin was already 11 or 12 (I believe the latter) So, during the whole time Shane was on backburner status. Austin grew up.

I also think that's why they kept him on as Shane and not CLP as Jack. Because, even though CLP was only 1 years difference in age to Jack (the NuJack) he hadn't fully went through puberty (I hate that word) yet. So, they had to recast to make the storyline more 'believable'

Austin is a great actor...He's pulling this off very well. And, you can definitely tell from that interview he's very mature for his age. Very smart young man.

• Members

That is impressive. Not to pat myself on the back, but I was a member of MENSA too. The office was downtown right next to the female branch, GIRLSA. Oh wait, those were the bathrooms at St. Olaf's only Italian restaurant. :unsure: N/M.

Archived