Is ABC Preparing to Cancel AMC and OLTL?

• Members

I agree, while I'm sure ABC would want to make an offer, I doubt she will agree to an ABC network show, the rumor also says she is likely to pair up with former TODAY and NBC exec Jeff Zucker for such a project, its more likely going to be a syndicated show.

As for why we haven't heard anything about AMC and OLTL.... now rumors are out there that some of the projects ABC is considering are

falling apart and the ones they have left aren't that good so thats good news for the soaps, although the timeframe to announce a new

show for Sept and a soap cancellation is still a possibility so the danger is still there, after these latest rumors of the proposed shows

falling apart I see less to no chance 2 soaps would be cancelled this year as they don't seem to have 2 good shows to replace them with, so if there is a cancellation probably only one soap would go.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From SOD

Florencia Lozano (Téa) on Cancellation Rumors: At her fan event in NYC on April 9, OLTL's Lozano told us she's not too worried about those rumors: "We're on a soap opera so rumors are like always around. They're always part of every work place. I have to just sort of laugh and none of us have any control over any of it, so to get upset about it seems like a waste of energy. To have an opinion about it seems futile."

• Members

A possibility, although if they don't have a good replacement for Sept, they don't have much time to get one for December. So I'm a bit more optomistic that the soaps are safe until next year. Now on the otherhand.... this is all relative to the descriptions of the rumors these replacements aren't too good, who's opinion is that? They could be pure garbage, and probably are, but if Frons likes them and ABC wants to cancel a soap then the garbage is fine for them to replace a soap with. I want to think the soaps are safe for another year, although until we get through the next month I wouldn't bet any money on it.

• Members

I doubt that anyone standing in line to talk to Susan Lucci would say that they thought Susan was either being lied to or lying herself about the cancellation issue.

ABC:SID is pretty much screwed if AMC and OLTL are off the air. So they should be campaigning. Doing a twice monthly publication on one currently running soap and then stories about alumni of deceased soaps...the CBS:SID they rolled Days into it. If there are only 5 shows...the magazine staff may suffer and/or lose jobs.

• Members

That's way beyond what I was saying. I just heard people saying, "I heard the show was being cancelled. But she said it's not" then there were a lot of, "Yeah me too. Good." That's it. People weren't saying she was lying to or being lied too, they just seemed to think she said and she meant it. I honestly don't think people outside of the message boards go to the places we've gone to with all of this. That it has to be a big conspiracy. I think they take it as face value. ie. The show told Susan that it's safe. Susan told the fans.

No more. No less.

Archived