Y&R: Actress OUT!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree... Id rather see characters like Chance Ronan and heather gone for good, but yeah given the horrible route they had taken the character (totally effing up the whole brain damage/not having any feelings BS.) I think the character has ran its course. Watch her be killed off by those same people who were after Heather cause they thought she was Heather.... (sorry i can see Y&R go there :rolleyes:)

• Members

Was just about to echo that very sentiment. I have a lot more time for somebody like Jana than GR/Kevin and EH/Chloe (who I actually once liked). Feather, it goes without saying.

To her credit, Emily O'Brien took an afterthought of a plot-point (Jana re-embraces the crazy)and really gave it some substance. I 100% feel for Jana and her reasons and motives behind what she is doing -- even if I fail to comprehend the attraction of Chlmydia Fisher.

• Members

EOB is a talented actress but they ruined Jana and were only using her to prop Kevin's awful asexual love story with Chloe. IMO, she's the only watchable one in that mess but if that's all Jana can do then its best she goes. They never branched Jana out either so there's nowhere else to put her.

• Members

She's a good actress who had the misfortune of playing a character who should have been gone in 2007. Maria probably just ran out of ideas for Jana. Y&R's younger set is just really sad,most of them are characters that are useless.

• Members

http://soaps.sheknow.../news/id/15907/

Soaps.com has an interview with O'Brien up. On why the show let her go, she said "They said that they're trying to get back to the core families. I think it had something to do with the ratings, and I understand that. I think I'm one of the few or only characters who's not affiliated with one of the main families. I lasted for five years, so that in itself is great."

• Members

Her character kicked ass when she was so crazy and i liked the chemistry between her and Kevin but her character got very bland and unnecessary over the last couple of years.

She's an awesome actress and if she doesn't find something outside of the soaps then I would hope that she ends up on another soap maybe AMC to give them a really good edgy female villain type character.

• Members

First of all, EOB sounds like a class act judging by that statement alone. Recognizing and thankful for her luck in being able to stay on the show. Secondly, there are a bunch of characters that I would rather see leave before Jana -- and some of them have the last name "Newman," "Abbott" and "Fisher."

Secondly, Emily must have misheard -- MAB meant core family. The Numbnuts.

Archived