OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 21

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think we will ever see Matthew again if he leaves. If he does return it will be as a hostage-taking psycho.

The show has no use for characters who were not bad retcons and cannot be glommed onto existing families. That's why they hate Joey and Kevin.

• Members

Not jumping the gun here or anything, but I will be very upset with the show if EA is let go. He's the best young actor OLTL's got and Matthew with his darkly shaded relationship with his family and even friends makes him more interesting than all three Ford brothers put together. Matthew being thrown under the bus for an instaBuchanan like Rex is criminal, made into a rich punk villain who can't get a girl (who he actually wants) just to prop a Ford brother is wrong. I don't like Matthew just because he's the G.I. Joe in FV and RC's box of Ken dolls but because he is a genuinely interesting, well-acted character, and there are not nearly enough of those on OLTL, let alone soaps in general.

• Members

I love love love Matthew and EA and will be pissed if he is let go. He is the best young actor on the show and he's been on OLTL for almost ten years now. But I guess who needs Matthew when we have Nate Salinger? :rolleyes: No doubt a Matthew recast would be a disaster. We'd probably have another Andrew Trischitta on our hands (except he would be 35 years old).

Archived