House Of Cards from Netflix

quartermainefan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 4

What a thrilling episode. Could be my favorite so far. I thought Claire having to admit to her rape and abortion live juxtaposed with Donald Blythe's opening up about his wife with Alzheimer's was heartbreaking. The actor who plays Blythe was phenomenal, he made me cry several times. It was also nice to see that perhaps Frank has a moment of genuine compassion. And I feel so bad for Lucas--he's being horribly set up.

Oh, I don't disagree at all. I think it would be really great if Frank's schemes eventually started going so badly that he ended up facilitating his own undoing, unable to stop it. BUT, until that happens, it sort of zaps a lot of the tension out of the series when Frank is the equivalent of a God among mortals--who is to stop him? But maybe Tusk will be able to bring him down or at the very least provide a good obstacle.

• Members

I don't know how far you are so I don't want to spoil anything. But I will say that problem becomes diminished as S2 progresses. It becomes more and more uncertain that Frank will wiggle his way out.

I was just bemoaning the lack of discussion for this show, which IMO is fabulous in every way. But it makes it hard to talk about it without spoiling people.

• Members

I was pacing myself because I've been on a bandwidth diet but I did conclude Season 2 a couple weeks ago.

And yeah, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone still viewing but I know what my favorite part is.laugh.png ohmy.png It's probably not like anyone else's favorite but I'm hoping it comes to pass in Season 3.

• Members

Thanks for being careful about spoilers! (And, you too, Dramatist and Prezident). I've only seen up to episode 4 so I'm trying to be surprised lol But I'm glad to hear they diminish this as the season progresses. Looking forward to figuring it out exactly how.

• Members

Up to episode 11.

I'm really enjoying seeing Frank truly scared and struggling to find a way out of the mess he's in. Interesting that the President is taking some kind of pill and something is up with him.

I thought the way they built up to Frank and Claire both seducing Meechum into a threesome was brilliant. You really got the sense that Frank has been wanting this for a while now and that it was a huge release for him to do it. They only gave us a really short Frank/Meechum kiss, though. LOL

• Members

Finished season 2! Rachel's actions were shocking but understandable. Good to see Claire finally break down a little. I did not expect to see Frank achieve his goal so soon. The next season is so ripe with possibilities from now on. And that ending scene was perfect. Perfect.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived