GH: Secret Life of Damian Spinelli-Promo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never understood the appeal of this character. I tune into GH every once in a blue moon and every time he pops up it's like he's saying whatever he said the last time I saw him, I think his dialogue/vocal pattern is so annoying.

• Members

The main appeal is as old as the hills - the guy who doesn't need looks to show how wonderful he is, he's supposed to be loving and sweet and the babe slowly begins to see his potential, and so on.

He also worships Jason, which is something Guza approves of. In many ways he is Guza's avatar.

The problem is Spinelli is actually a cruel, nasty, self-righteous, passive-aggressive little toad who almost got Maxie killed to try to "rescue" her, and was happy to participate in Dante's death (which he felt no remorse for) and in Carly's schemes against Dante (no remorse).

He also helped to ruin any potential Maxie had as a character after they had finally started to write better for her. She became all about him, being degraded, and now she is essentially just a plot point while the show waits to see whether Bradford Anderson is staying. The "Spixie" relationship is vile codependency and cruelty.

• Members

I used to like Spinelli but overtime it has been clear that he is a man-child jerk that does not give a damm about anyone but the two or so people that he worships at the time. He should pay for his part in trying to frame Dante (His 'good friend" Lulu's boyfriend no less). I would love if we had a Spinelli that could have a nice friendship with someone like Sam without always talking about himself or propping Brenda to her face but that does not see to be the kind of Spin that Guza wants. .

• Members

LOL…. I think it's cute. Diane and Spinelli are two of my favourites, and I bought the Pandora series for my daughter so I know CH can write. There's also been spoiled that LuNacy is mentioned, so all in all I'm looking forward to this.

Archived