Masquerade parties in SOAPS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I recall correctly, Guiding Light had one in 1999 in San Cristobel, when they used their big expanded set of the palace. Reva had a mask, Josh & Olivia kissed mistakenly, Jim found that Beth had come to the island, etc.

There was another low-key (i.e. low budget) masquerade ball in 2003 at The Beacon Hotel (lobby). I can't quite remember the plot. Maybe it was during Ben being a serial killer and killing Colleen Dion's character?

• Members

Was that the same party? I know the stuff with Brooke/Adam/Liza was going on just before JB debuted as Jamie followed by Babe, Krystal, and nuJR. I think Liza pushed her a year earlier (around Christmas time?) when she was suffering from a brain tumor. Adam wanted to have her put away, and Liza thought that Mia was trying to take her place with Adam and Colby.

I think by the time of the Venetian Ball, Mia was just a random backburner character until they shipped her out in '04.

• Members

I think it was mainly a producer change in the middle of it - Savitz to Goutman. The story was odd, as there was initially more focus on Zak, the Lumina, and his relationships with Sofia and Lila. He was killed off not long after Goutman's arrival. Initially Joran Stark went unseen and was called "Mr. Shoes" or something, and I think Joe Barbara did the voice. He was also more interested at first in Rachel than in Amanda. There was also something about Donna and Felicia having their dresses mixed up or something.

• Members

I think this was after Reva's stalker had been revealed. Reva's stalker was revealed in April 2003 and the ball was in May 2003. This was all early Ellen Weston so it may have overlapped. I'm pretty sure the party was a fundraiser for the San Cristobal Children's Library or Museum. I think this was where Jeffrey O'Neill first appeared. He was wearing a mask before being revealed to be Bradley Cole. This was Bradley Cole's return to the story. Edmund had suddenly fallen for Cassie and was pining for her at the party. He had made a fairly large contribution to the project, which was one of Cassie's endeavours. Just as Cassie was starting to warm to Edmund, Richard's doppleganger appears. I had forgotten Ramona Hendon (Colleen Dion's character) was involved in the party as well during Ben's days as a gigolo.

Archived