SOD Days Scoop

• Members

The January 24, 2006 SOD says in its grapevine section that Wayne Northrup's stint may be coming to an end next month (the Lois part of the story climxes next week based on spoilers I guess). A Daysrep said they don't comment on contracts but that there is "abundant and compelling story unfolding with Alex North." Well, Wayne's contract is up in July and I heard Marlena gets her memory back in March so maybe this story wil reaching its end. I would hate to see Wayne go though but this always sounded temporary so I guess it could happen (this may help Days as far as budget since he probably makes alot of money).

This issue is also the one that says Arianne is leaving and she is indeed leaving so it is true.

Next week is also the big Highstyle reveal as Austin learns the truth and admits it to Carrie.

Sounds like the other stories are starting to move too in the coming weeks. I am just gonna hate to see Arianne and Wayne (if he does) go but what is coming up does sound good.

There is also a blurb in the editor's note of SOD that commends Days on telling a compelling story in organ donation.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was always contigent on if Wayne felt like the story was going in a good direction. I guess that he may feel it isn't. I would hate to see him go, especially since it will turn out that he is not Roman.

To bring him back with a story that has went this bad.......a true shame. :(

• Members

That's why it is nearly impossible to get hyped for a Days story. Now all we have is Drake playing with his gum and digging wax out of his ear because he seems so bored with it (which is a real shame for a guy of his talent :rolleyes: ), and Marlena having amnesia has gotten really old really fast. They need to wrap this up and move on.

• Members

Yeah alot of them do but lately I like most of the stories but the Alex one is starting to lose what I liked about it. It would have been better to make him Roman or Stefano. I like going into Marlena's past but Days took so long building it up and then it got good and lately its been dragging because they are trying to hype the big Zach story. I am happy the other stories look like they will be loving in the next few weeks. Days needs to kick the other stories into high gear now because that is why I am starting to sour on the Alex story. I hope Wayne doesn't go but if he does I hope the exit is exciting.

• Members

Oh I thought it was July because in the SOD annoucing his return with him on the cover it said he signed for a year and then after 6 month he would sit down with KC and see how everything is going and that would decide whether he extended his contract past a year. I mean I have that issue an it says that but maybe there is an out after 6 months and if that is the case then that explains why he could be exiting next month.

• Members

Yup they said 6 months and then an evaluation. I love Wayne and I like his portrayal of Alex. I also don't think this storyline is bad at all but progression is clearly missing. It is a planned out storyline, things are happening and pieces are being connected but there hasn't been a lot of progression... with progression comes interest and I think that's why it has turned out lackluster. But if Northrop decides to leave I don't think it will be b/c the storyline didn't work. It was really nice seeing Wayne and Deidre back together again and that worked a lot for this sl.

• Members

I love Wayne, but I haven't been feeling Alex. I really liked the idea of him being Stefano or working for Kristen or Stefano. That, apparently, was all in my head. :lol:

Lois has injected this story with exactly what it needed, IMO. It's been great the last two, three weeks!

Archived