B&B: Exclusive look at new opening credits

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes I love that and how it goes from day to night. Beautiful!

I also like the closeup shots of the person snapping a camera. I've noticed that no matter what that type of shot always seems to make it into an episode that contains a fashion type show or something. I like that it was put into the opening as well, because it's such a part of the show.

Another noteworthy shot to me, the one of the 4 womens legs walking down the runway. IDK why but I just love that.

• Members

Like DaytimeFan, I like the brash glam of the original. I'll concede that it was and perhaps belongs in its time though, the two updated openings have been well done, I just wish the melody was a *little* stronger. I wonder if they could do an animated pencil drawing effect for a new Y&R opening, the cast members' names in Y&R's classic Century Gothic-ish font over the character's first names written out in Dvore font. I know that's kinda like AMC's short-lived Sedona credits, but I'd prefer that use of those classic fonts over the current scripty font which is sort of a psuedo-mix of the two.

• Members

This opening gives me the feeling that I'm watching a prime time soap, or in this case, the short lived telenovela Fashion House. I like the concept, it's a fresh idea that and sets it apart from any past soap openings.

Would it be too naive of me to assume that it'd be easy to update as well?

• Members

I would think/hope so, you could always stick somebody else up on that balcony. The problem with additions to credits has always been the "sore thumb" effect of the new shots not matching with the original production values. Perhaps with this all being so heavily digital it'll b easier to match quality. I guess we'll see.

Archived