B&B: Exclusive look at new opening credits

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's one example where I think the Italians did it better:

U.S. original version:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4LdS6hzSaQA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Italian redo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XULUHYpohuI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The original reminds me of that show "The Judge" that used to air in daytime. The Italian disco beat reminds me of D.C.'s healthy eurotrash population.

I don't even watch B&B but I really do love these new credits, the most innovative soap title sequence in years. Completely outside the box for a soap opening while totally true to its show's identity. Job well done. In a way, it actually reminds me on Degrassi: TNG's original opening, how it "visits" the various characters in a shared setting.

• Members

I like this opening because CBS is actually making the attempt to allow changes/updates. Y&R is in dire need for a new opening and has been for the past five years.

I think the idea is neat but at times it's the shots are a little too fast to keep up with. If I wasn't a fan of the show, I wouldn't know who's who.

Since blue's my favorite color, I approve of the new logo! Good job B. Bell.

• Members

I think they should ditch the character names. First and last names, while more sophisticated in appearance, make it unnecessarily crowded. I don't think newer fans need it anyway, which is presumably the reason why they do it. If they want to help them learn names, just have characters smoothly mention them more often in scenes ("Katie, pass me that stapler please... thank you.").

• Members

Me too. In fact, I prefer it to the original.

I like the B&B redo a lot. I just love the original theme though, so brassy and loud and glamorous. Notice Lauren Koslow in the original opening, she hasn't changed a bit!

It's an innovative title change, so good on them...question is, why hasn't Y&R done one!?

Archived